Show me your Black Headed Pythons!

Lets see those black headed python one of my favirote kind!!!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Very nice snake!

1 Like

8 Likes

That’s a beautiful mom there! Hard to believe those all came out of her lol. Congrats!!

1 Like

![20210214_085644|375x500](uplo

ad://aakArDKbACGKGMz9cCnsz4NeFL3.jpeg)
Dad is a stunner too.

1 Like

4 Likes

Is the lighter one a hypo?

One of derek Roddys tangerine line.

2 Likes

Thanks he/she is beautiful :star_struck:

1 Like

Interesting substrate, how long have you been using it and how do you like it.

Beautiful specimens and a nice big clutch. :clap:

Its fuel pellets, for pellet stoves. Absolutely love it. Way better than wood chips, no dust, super absorbent, easy to vacuum up, and compost really well. Inexpensive also.

1 Like

I thought that’s what it looked like. Great idea, does it mold at all? No problems with accidental ingestion when feeding? Compost & I’m sure you could probably still use it in the wood stove after.

That’s neat, I’ll have to look into that, what’s it made out of and is it harmful to the snakes at all?

1 Like

Depending on where you buy it, it can be several types of hardwood. In my area its Douglas fir. When it gets wet it turns to sawdust, and absorbs the water. Teally easy to spot areas that need to be cleaned, also if swallowed, it will turn to sawdust, so no impaction like you can get with chips. A 40lb bag is $4.95 at my local hardware store.

1 Like

Douglas fir is a pine. Pine wood is known to be toxic to snakes, even in pellet (compressed dust) like that. Definitely wouldn’t recommend anything pine related for snakes.

3 Likes

Pine and fir different, I have been using the fir pellets for years. They sell pine pellets for horse stalls that I dint use.

1 Like

Phantom (top) and Eidolon (bottom)

Phantom is 5 years old, and Eidolon is 10 years old :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Awesome pics, good looking critters. Blackheads are awesome.

2 Likes