What to breed a lavender motley corn snake with?

I have a baby lavender motley corn snake female that I’m thinking of eventually trying to breed. I’m thinking about getting a male baby as well so I will have two snakes approximately the same age without having to find an adult male later. I’ve never bred snakes before so I was wondering what you guys thought would be cool morphs to breed with mine :slight_smile:

Well the question is do you want the same morph as your female or something different?

1 Like

Well, the only way you’re guaranteed to get something other than normals with hets is to breed her to something with lavender and/or motley (or tessera, I suppose, since it’s a dominant gene). If it was my snake, I would pick something that matches her genes as well as having some common genes, like amel, anery, diffused, hypo, etc. Most corn snake genes are recessive, which means both parents must carry at least one copy of the gene in order for the offspring to have a chance of expressing it. There’s a genetics calculator on this site, as well as the one on iansvivarium.com.

2 Likes

That makes sense, Thank you ill look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like