Double clutch getting closer and closer

This girl is in the final mile of her double clutch. She is 66% pos het axanthic bred to a double het snow. Her first clutch was small and only 5 hatchlings came out and they were not axanthic. Hopefully we just had bad odds on that clutch and this one does better. She looks pretty smug about it though.

4 Likes

Good luck on some axanthics this time!

1 Like

All the fingers are crossed. I’m still happy with normals though, I love working with hoggies.

2 Likes

If the first set of eggs have already hatched i doubtfull that you will get a second clutch this year. They usually lay about 4 to 5 weeks after the first clutch. Congratulations on the heathy babies. That is the funnest thing see8ng those little guys poke their heads out!!!

1 Like

I just took her to the vet to have her checked out in case it was retained eggs or some other problem. vet confirmed that it is a double clutch. She has 2 well defined eggs, if she doesn’t lay within the next 2 weeks shes going back to have them removed. She just came out of blue so she should shed in the next day to so and then lay around 10 days later.

2 Likes

What vet do you use?

Hope she proves out for you!

All Creatures Animal Hospital. I didn’t get to see the vet personally and I got the impression that it wasn’t the girl we are used to dealing with up there.

1 Like

Any luck with this girl.

She’s due to lay this weekend. If she doesn’t lay by midweek then she’s going back to the vet. She’s 10 days post shed so she should pop any moment now if she’s going to.

Update on this, she did not lay so we took her to the vet. She received an oxytocin injection and passed a large misshapen egg. We’re waiting to see if the others pass on their own. If they don’t then she is getting another shot of oxytocin before trying other options.

1 Like