New Retic Morph?

A friend of mine in the tic hobby brought to my attention of a possible new morph.
It’s called Bacan. He showed me a picture of a Super Bacan Platty a breeder posted on instagram.
Given it’s a super, I would assume it is a inc-dom and not a line bred trait.

If anyone on here has any links or information pertaining to this new morph, the Bacan, I would greatly appreciate a share of info. I can’t seem to find any information on it anywhere.

5 Likes

I’ve seen it floating around on some Facebook groups and I was super confused lol

2 Likes

What does it look like it like slight variation from possibly a morph it is already in the hobby or does it make a lot of sense that the super form will be found about first like with Sunfire

2 Likes

I’ve seen it on Facebook as well, but I don’t have facebook or instagram so I can’t ask the questions I would like to the people who have it in their collection.
I can just look at the pictures before those platforms boot me off for bot having an account.
I don’t like social media but for times like this is sure would be helpful lol.

2 Likes

From the photos I can see, it looks completely different than anything I’ve seen before. The dorsal is insane, and it has faded pattern in the super form but still a lot of color unlike a Ivory or Ultra.
At first I thought maybe it’s a new line of Platinum but that’s not possible if there is a Super Bacan Platinum. Unless they mean Super Bacan new Platinum line but I don’t think that’s it.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t have social media either just for my breeder account

1 Like

Never heard of it, but I read it as bacon at first and wondered if it made em look like bacon. :joy:

3 Likes

:joy: I actually did the same thing. I thought maybe Kevin Bacon produced a clutch of Retics lol.

4 Likes

The pictures I found were from 2017? Doesn’t seem like it’s that new. But I’ve never heard of it?

1 Like

Weird I’ve never heard of it until just today.
Usually I’m pretty on top of the Retic game, but this has slipped through the cracks so far I guess.
Thanks for the info of when they appeared.

1 Like

Does anyone have a picture of it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGWUSCskcH/?igshid=jx9csfacdsc7
Found on Ronald.Hansen instagram page.

Here you go @lumpy

7 Likes

Wow it’s incredible! It kind of has those ivory, light colors but with actual pattern. Plus it’s eyes are different than an ivorys or ultras. Plus the high blushing on its sides kind of reminds me of like golden child super tiger, how it kind of fades into the color and pattern at the same time. It really is a beautiful morph if that’s only a super.

1 Like

Yeah it’s really unique.
That’s a picture of a Super Bacan Platinum. The other photos I’ve found of regular Super Bacans look similar but not as bright. They seem to fade a little with age, which is expected, but still hold a lot of pattern and color which makes me think it’s not a new line of Platinum but a completely different gene.

1 Like

If it is Super Bacan, why are you talking about a new line of platinum? My reason is that the photo above is a picture of the Super Bacan Platinum. Meaning that it’s Super Bacan and Platinum.

1 Like

The new gene would be Bacan, right?

From what I can find it originates from Malaysia

2 Likes

Correct the new gene would be Bacan.
What I mean by new line of Platinum is if that’s their name of that line. Super Bacan Platinum as in this is a super of our line Bacan Platinum.
I don’t think it’s a new line, I believe it’s a gene. I was just trying to figure out what this is and thought that could be a possibility to the name but more than likely it is not.

2 Likes

I too think it’s a new morph. I found a post with serval combos

2 Likes

They definitely look different from just the incorporation of platinum