What morph do you think this is?

I took in this ball python severely malnourished so didn’t care for her genetics at the time.
As I’ve looked more into python morphs I’ve started to suspect she may have some Spider in her as she has a slight head wobble that hasn’t left despite her growing stronger.
What do you all think?

6 Likes

Looks like a Genetic Banded but it’s really difficult to be positive about a BP without breeding it.

She doesn’t have spider in her. I will need better pictures to tell what morph she is. Improper care (extremes in temps) and malnourishment can cause a wobble too. It may get better, but it may also stay. It is more than just spider that can have a wobble however. From this picture I believe she might be an enchi. Genetic banded is an extremely uncommon morph, so enchi is much more likely. Hidden gene woma is also possible since you said she wobbles.

1 Like

That is definitely not hgw. And welcome to the community!!! Would it be possible to get additional photos?

1 Like

From the first picture on here it does look a bit like HGW. But then again, it is hard to identify with just one picture in bad lighting.

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/hidden-gene-woma/

3 Likes

I’m judging by the countless number of hidden gene woma I have hatched. I’m not going by pictures off the internet.

1 Like

I was worried about that… Luckily it really isn’t very bad.
I don’t believe she is an Enchi as I have a lesser Enchi as well and the color differences are stunning.

I do have these photos as well
4 Likes

Def not spider. I would say enchi based on pics. Especially with the wider eye bands connecting w the bottom at the back of the head. HGW wouldn’t be completely out of question and that could explain the wobble but I don’t think so.

1 Like

That’s definitely not hgw. Banding is to wide the blushing is off as is the color. Being kept in to hot temps for extended periods could explain the neuro issues.

3 Likes

Hi welcome to the community! I also have to agree with this cutie being a bright enchi. I know you said you have a lesser enchi and they look different. However, enchi is (some people might argue with me) a gene that enhances yellows and slightly alters oranges and pattern. When combined with lesser that grays outs parts of the snake it makes a very different looking snake compared to a single gene.

2 Likes

Enchi can alter color but not always.

2 Likes

The animal appears to be an Enchi - Prominent eye-stripe, green-hued eye, banded pattern with increased yellow pigmentation ventrally

@haleybelle , can you get pictures in better light (outside in bright shade)?

7 Likes

Thank you all so much! I’ll think about breeding her in a few years to be sure but I guess I have a little Enchi. :grin:
Thank you for the education on my Lesser as well, your all right she is a much more ashen grey with bright blue eyes.
What a cool and welcoming community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Looks enchi to me.

1 Like

Honestly that looks quite a bit like my Leopard lesser

There is nothing about the pictured animal that looks like either Leopard or Lesser

4 Likes

Maybe they’re lesser leopard is wrongly IDed

1 Like

I see Enchi Yellowbelly but I’m a newb so take that with a grain of salt.

1 Like