Pixel Gene - New Morph Addition [DONE]

For community feedback and consideration! ~Justin K.

Gene Request Form

Facts

Species: Ball Python (Python Regius)
Name of Gene: Pixel
First produced by whom: J. Kobylka Reptiles
Year: 2014
Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): Codom
In complex with other genes?: unknown
Other names/aliases for it?: “J2” - previous named this within my own collection
Description: Proven from a captive hatched animal from africa - imported in 2008 - proven in 2014

Appearance: What it does/looks like? - A proven Granite-type mutation with pocketing and pixelation of the sides. Overall darker than wild-type.
Proven: To what degree it is proven out to not just be polygenic? - 7 seasons of recreating its exact appearance.
Why do you believe this is a new morph and not an existing one? - Looks different than other existing granite - type morphs - will take many additional years of future breeding to determine if it is the same as an existing linage.
Related Genes: unknown
Problems: Any problems? - none! known as of now (2021)
Other History: Any additional history?
Disagreement or Controversy: - none known as of now (20210
References here on the community: - I have displayed examples of this morph at two Tinleys / Arlington NARBCs -

At least one link to community discussion (ie forums) to demonstrate community acceptance: First Impression on the Pixel morph?

08ch_f-granite#02

16 Likes

@jkobylka this animal here…

(Yellowbelly Pixel Redstripe) should theoretically disprove that it is a linage of Granite, as we would be looking at Highway Redstripe…

9 Likes

Wow that was a great observation!

1 Like

Unfortunately I think you’re confusing “Granite” with “Gravel”

9 Likes

Oh geez. Didn’t catch that lol

2 Likes

Damn, my head must not have been screwed on properly this morning!
You are completely correct!

5 Likes

Just notice how beautiful the pixel gene is, even by itself.

3 Likes