Crested Gecko ID

just wonder if anyone could tell what morph my crestie is

2 Likes

Have you got any closer pics of the side of your Crestie?

Ify say a high % pinstripe but I can’t tell if it’s also a harlequin or quad stripe?

I think it’s a Quad Stripe, but a closer pic of the side would clear things up.

1 Like

Looking at it now I wouldn’t say either, it is missing more pins then I thought along the dorsal and although has line along the laterals, it is broken into three lines.

It’s a lovely gecko :grin: I’d say partial pinstripe, harlequin.

thanks for the help.
He’s/She’s wicked and loves get in to mischief not even year old yet and he/she is attached me but won’t eat bugs just waxworm but I have to take the head off

1 Like

Bless, just remember that Wax worms are additictive and should be used as a treat only or your Crestie might stop eating CGD which will be bad. Have you tried dubia roaches?

I have 2 Cresties that will not eat bugs either so I offer my Cresties a bug diet occasionally to account for it.

Hopefully your Crestie will grow out of biting.

3 Likes

He good and yes at moment is on gecko full diet power and waxsworms but dubia roaches are little bit big for him at the moment But i have try find out if eats them and doesn’t bite me just jumps every where include trying to jump in place where other reptiles or on my friends and we know that he is aiming for her face but very loving wouldn’t hurt anyone

1 Like

I breed my own dubia roaches so I can take the young ones for my Cresties. I know you can buy them young, just depends where you are as to where delivers them. I have a few young Cresties that are jumpy, they tend to calm down with age and handling.

Cresties love to jump, I tend to have a few plants nearby For the Cresties to jump on, I find it helps to calm them down

1 Like

Definitely get your crestie off of waxworms ASAP, they are very unhealthy. A good substitute would be black soldier fly larvae, also called calci-worms and phoenix worms.

3 Likes

Wax worms should be used as a rare treat. Mine love them but I only use them every few months.

I don’t use black soldier fly larvae any more as some of my Cresties have pooped them out undigested. I’d only recommend them for adult Cresties.

Most of my Cresties like locusts as they like the hunt but dubias are better for my nervous geckos.

I’ve try quite bit in bugs he only eats waxworm and dubia roaches so day I’ve order some small one as runs from most bugs

I like dubia roaches as they are a very good source of food and they don’t roam in the enclosure.

Just make sure you gut load and dust the insects or they can do more harm than good

1 Like

Harlequin partial pinstripe. What’s its name? :blush:

2 Likes

His / her name is Bayleaf

2 Likes

If you provide us with a picture of the belly at the base of the tail we could try to sex Bayleaf.

1 Like

Bayleaf is roughly about 7-8 months but I feeling Bayleaf is boy

1 Like

Get us a pic underneath and we can help. Usually at that age they’re most likely be a ‘bulge’. Well atleast all mine get one around then! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Depends, I’ve been able to tell for most of mine but then I’ve had a few slow growers that just like to wait as long as possible lol

But yes if you can get a close enough pic it might be visable by pores.

I have a jewellers loop to help with mine. I’ve got a few ideas on my young ones but I’m not 100% sure

1 Like