What morph is this baby?

Hi guys I bought this baby about four weeks ago from a breeder but they are refusing to tell me their morph and age. What do you guys think? I know there’s no telling what this little guy is without knowing the parents and their hets. Thank you in advanced!

3 Likes

That’s very odd, that someone would refuse to tell you information about animals that you purchased. It is kind of rude. But I will definitely tag the people I trust for Leopard gecko identification. @mblaney and @westridge will be able to help you even without parent information (not saying it would help a lot)

Also they may ask you for better pictures so here is a guy that could help you take those. I know it’s for ball python’s but just apply the same rules for leopard geckos.

Guide for Morph Identification Pictures

4 Likes

Could you also post pictures of the eyes? So far I’m thinking albino with another morph.

Edit: As far as age I’m thinking somewhere in between 3 and 5 months is close.

3 Likes

For sure, I accidentally had the flash on. If you need a better picture let me know. I appreciate your help.

2 Likes

I also found them extremely rude especially since they blocked me after asking (Local breeder).

I appreciate your help!

1 Like

They sound like a dishonest breeder/seller, it probably came from a farm or low quality breeder and then was resold by the seller. It looks like an albino W & Y.

2 Likes

That’s upsetting to hear. I really regret giving them business but in the moment the leo was so tiny and cute I couldn’t resist. I’ll buy from reputable breeders from now on that can tell me their morph and hets.

2 Likes

I was going to say that, but didn’t want to really way off when you or westridge or mblaney come in and be like boom,” they both look like normals“ LOL

2 Likes

I’m still not 100% sure, mostly, but not 100%. We all start somewhere, I started having very little idea what the morphs even did and guessing morphs just because a similar one was listed on the marketplace. Never hurts to guess lol.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess so, I love to grow in knowledge and that is a huge part of my life stance

2 Likes

Pastel Hypo W/Y? I forget if it’s super hypo has no spots and it is called Baldy or if that’s hypo

1 Like

It isn’t pastel since pastel causes extremely brighter colors, almost like an iridescent and can have greens, neon yellows, blues, and other colors that typically aren’t in leopard geckos. Super hypo has no spots, hypo has mostly no spots but might have a couples spots, and baldy is no spots on the head. I don’t think the super hypo would apply here since the leo is younger and doesn’t have a fully developed phenotype.

2 Likes

Aside from albino, I wouldn’t hazard a guess at this age. Ask me again in 3-4 months. I can say that it is not a Pastel (would have neon colors, sometimes weird ones like blue or green), Baldy (would have no head pattern) or Super Hypo (would have no or next to no body pattern). I’m not familiar enough with the White and Yellow morph to say either way on that.

5 Likes

I appreciate everyone’s insight on his morph!!!

Generally speaking it’s not dishonest at all when someone chooses not to disclose the genetics of a gecko. The most common reasons are: pet has faulty genetics & shouldn’t be bred (thus why not disclosing- to discourage breeding), the gecko is a rescue, the gecko has a history of health problems (slow grower, MBD, etc.), or anything else where breeding is a bad idea, and though it wouldn’t apply in this case, if someone wants to retire a breeder to a pet-only home. In those instances, it is the ethical thing to do not to disclose. If someone has a problem with not knowing the morph of a gecko, then they shouldn’t buy a gecko that was presumably marketed as pet-only.

4 Likes

I was thinking tremper or bell albino, but im not an expert :slight_smile:

It’s an albino but you can’t tell the strain without test breeding or being told by the breeder. Therefore the gecko would likely only be a pet quality gecko. It’s likely tremper albino because it’s the most common but you can’t be positive.

3 Likes