Female cornsnake due to lay

Quick question, my female corn snake who bred on March 8th still hasn’t laid yet, but her tail right by her vent looks super chunky, Does this mean she is about to lay?

Has she had her pre lay shed yet?

1 Like

Actually, she laid like an hour after I posted this, the clutch wasn’t that good though sadly. She is a big female at 4.5 feet and I only got two good eggs out of her, then she laid 3 eggs that when I checked on her had all popped maybe she layed on them? I don’t know and there were just small piles of infertile goop. So strange. She had 13 good eggs 1-2 years ago so I’m not sure what went wrong.

2 Likes

Make sure she got them all out and she isn’t egg bound.

1 Like

I was worried about that also, but I checked her thoroughly and it doesn’t look like there are any eggs left.

1 Like

I think it may be a case of introducing the male a little too late , main thing is your girl is fine and now over the stresses of reproduction.
Give her plenty of fresh water and for the next few meals it won’t hurt to dust food items with some vitamin/calcium powder.

1 Like

I don’t think t is that, because I introduce the male the day after her post-brumation shed, but now that I think about it I got the male as an adult so maybe he was an older male? I’m not sure.

1 Like