Age Of crested gecko

About how old is a 30-35 gram male crested gecko if fed a normal diet?

Just to be sure, what do you class as a normal diet?

3 Likes

Crickets once a week and Pangea

1 Like

do you have any pictures? how long have you had him? that could help us give a rough estimate, but its harder to age geckos without knowing extensive history(in my opinion)

2 Likes

Cresties grow at different rates. But I would guess about 2 1/2 years old, given as it’s had insects only once a week.

Any particular reason you want to know the age?

1 Like

You will never know as they don’t grow the same at all.
My 17 month old Male is 35+ grams now.
So you honestly can’t say 100%,
But my guess would be 1 1/2 years old or older with what it’s being fed.

3 Likes

Thank u all I just wanted to know because I got him from someone and they don’t know how old he is, and should I offer him crickets more than once a week along with Pangea everyday?

1 Like

2 Likes

He is a handsome Crestie.

Yes, you should offer him insects more. I feed my Cresties insects twice a week, although I’m looking to up it to three time a week. A variety of insects would be best, done times I use locusts and other times I use dubias, occasionally I use Wax worms as treat.

I offer CGD every day, he might not want it everyday, but I like there to always be food and water.

3 Likes

Nice Extreme Harley!
We do Pangea every other day, put in one night, take out the next etc. Or they do tend to waste it if done every day I’ve found!
We do crickets twice a week, more for the younger ones. Wax worms as a treat, moths, other insects etc also.
Also mashed up fruit they enjoy also :blush:
Banana, mango, papaya etc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m giving mine banana tonight :banana: I’m thinking of mixing it with apricot pangea.

I tend to go by each Crestie, I offer smallish amounts and if they have eat most or all the food then I will get them some more.

It’s easier to keep track when it’s one Crestie, as opposed to lots of Cresties.

I put wax worms in the Cresties bowl the other day…omg some Cresties are stupid…I found a few bowls on the floor despite moving the Cresties above the food bowl, so I may have a few insects loose now :astonished:

I usually do a bit of hand feed and hunt feed, I love watching them hunt :grin:

1 Like

Ooh yay! They seem to love Banana, I’ve never mixed it though so let me know if they like it mixed! :blush:
Haha they are dopey! That’s alright they’ll just turn and you’ll have some loose moths! I found a couple in the females viv the other day, well as soon as my little girly saw them they were gone :sweat_smile:
I’ve never hand fed myself, as some rely on it too much, took me 2 weeks to get one of my girls to eat alone as the person before me hand fed and was a nightmare, but she got it in the end! For crickets I get a load of crickets into a big cup and add in calcium powder, then I just pour them in the vivs! Off hunting they go.
I’ve finally figured out that Corpse does NOT eat Pangea. He’s a little bugger. Even tried repashy. Nothing. Been months. I actually put a bit on his snout the other day, took him a lil while to lick it off then I quickly put bowl there so he was licking that and then like a child he kept moving this head away :joy:

1 Like

I usually hand feed the first insect, just to get them going. Then I put the rest in for them to hunt.

I have one Crestie, Strawberry, that is refusing to eat unless I put it in front of her, I’ve been popping it on a spoon so she doesn’t get use to me doing it :crossed_fingers: I’m not doing it every day in the hope she will stop being lazy but she does the same with insects too. I’m considering downgrading her to a smaller enclosure to see if that helps, but that’s a way off yet… She is the only adult Crestie I bought and I think she was always have fed by her previous owner as I had to do it when she first got here too and I don’t think she was given insects!

1 Like