New to the community

Hey everyone, I’m Dennis and decided to join after lurking for a year. My wife Stacy and our children enjoy the reptile hobby together. Just wanted to introduce myself and show off our female FLRT suriname boa. Were fortunate enough to live down the road from the breeder so we always get to visit.

15 Likes

Welcome to the community

3 Likes

Welcome!
And what a beauty! :star_struck::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Welcome. Beautiful BCC. Always nice to see another Boa keeper join.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. Boas have always been my favorite even though I’ve been keeping snakes for over 20 years. After we get our male we’re hoping to produce FLRT surinames ourselves. Our female is 3rd generation and she was born on my wife’s birthday last year.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community and hope that you enjoy all of the encouragement that you will receive here. I love boas too, I have bi. I am happy that you joined, and hope that you continue to be plugged in here. Have a wonderful day :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks lumpy. I enjoy seeing you pics of Kai, thats a beautiful boa you have there man. Thanks for the welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Love your boa!

3 Likes

Thank you, glad we finally joined. Wish I had pics of the boas and pythons we used to keep but um…cell phone cameras weren’t as prevalent as today. Lol. You have quite the collection yourself!

3 Likes

Thank you! It’s constantly evolving but I’m happy with it! Lol

3 Likes

That how it goes man, one is never done collecting. Hopefully we will be able to post some beautiful pics of babies on here one day.

4 Likes

We also have a banana ball python that is our daughters. We named him funion. Again, thanks everyone for the welcome here.

10 Likes

Gorgeous Boa! Love the name Funyun for the banana ball too, that’s delightful.
Please forgive me, I’ve was away from the hobby for over a decade and I don’t know what FLRT means. A cursory search yielded no enlightenment, can you give me an education on the term? Maybe it was a term since before my hiatus, but I’m utterly ignorant of it. Thanks!

3 Likes

It means Florida Red Tail. They’re from an established group of breeding BCC on a specific property.

2 Likes

Thank you, she’s a great boa. Very docile and of course a great eater. Randall nailed what FLRT means. The breeder Brian has some exquisite adults and I’ve always loved the FLRT line and we’re fortunate to be friends and visit often. Funion kinda just happened, our kids of course love them and it just fit. Lol

2 Likes

I was aware of the existence of that population, or similar, from rumor only, but I didn’t know the contraction/acronym. Thanks, Randall, I found some history on it. Gorgeous line. I added myself to the waiting list.

2 Likes

Welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We are all very glad out of all hobbys you choose ours! I hope you have a great experience!

5 Likes

Thank you! What a great community here.

3 Likes