This Friday egg cutting

So my only clutch of eggs for the season is set to be cut this Friday, Day 56 for 4 eggs 1 went bad along the way. Picture is from when they were laid.

(M) Leopard Ivory x (F) Superstripe

6 Likes

When I post pictures of the babies I will need help IF there is anything else in these 4 snakes.

Parents listed above BUT I forgot to mention the Leopard Ivory is possibly Enchi and or Flame. So if anyone is good at telling what genes are outside of the obvious…I would need your help

1 Like

Now that’s a lush mix… Looking forward to seeing them out! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So I couldn’t wait one more day and cut them today on day 55.

I see two Leopard Ivory’s and two superstripes but I’m not sure if Flame or Enchi is visible.

What are your opinions?

6 Likes

Looks like Enchi is there but more sad news, both Leopard Ivory’s have one eye.

I guess I’ll know more when they fully come out.

Awww, what causes them to be that way, Incubation or the genes?
Does it pass on to their offspring if you breed them?

1 Like

I honestly don’t know. These are the first two ball pythons hatched with one eye in my 20 years of experience with ball pythons. I’m hoping it’s not gene related and more of a random occurrence.

They look like they will be very nice once out of the eggs and from my knowledge sometimes they can end up being the best feeders in a persons collection.

Time will tell

They may have jaw problems if they are missing eyes. Time will tell when they hatch. I wouldn’t pair these two again.

1 Like

Yeah there is a clef lip on one of them. Yeah I agree, not breeding these two again. Just sad too! Hopefully they do ok.

1 Like

Judging by the size of there heads I’d say they weren’t ready to come out.

2 Likes

So it’s appears I have hatched the following:

Superstripe
Enchi Superstripe
Enchi Leopard Ivory
Leopard Ivory NOT PICTURED

Can anyone help me confirm what I think

2 Likes

On the ivory stuff in particular your really going to have to wait until it sheds to really see what you having showing through.

1 Like

2 Likes

Looks like you have a superstripe, enchi superstripe l, and a leopard ivory think that may have enchi as well.

1 Like

Yeah I think this Ivory is Enchi cause the other has a lot more white with the leopard which kinda gave it away to me.

So the next question is…can I sell them or will nobody purchase a one eyed snake?

1 Like

Surely you can rehome them, they’re stunning even though they can’t breed, assuming they can’t!
Even i’d of jumped at one, but in the uk, but I’m a sucker for an animal no one would usually want. My banana has 1 tiny eye! My other half got me him and didn’t notice but I love him even more, we call him pirate boy. Though his names Hideyoshi :joy:

That is up to you but I wouldn’t personally. And definitely don’t want to use them as breeding stock.

1 Like

Head stamp is usually a give away on enchi ivory as well.

You’d likely have to sell them as pet-only if anything, just make sure you vet your buyers to make sure they actually have good intentions.

3 Likes