Corn Snake Morph

Hello ppl.
Here is my 10 month old male Amel corn snake. I would like to breed him in 2 years so, do you think he has any other visual morph?

5 Likes

Yup, motley! So amel motley. Given his color, I wouldn’t be too surprised if he was also het caramel.

4 Likes

I think he is also a visual motley. It changes the back pattern and gives a white belly.
But genetically that means he could be homozygous motley or a heterozygous motley/stripe.

He might be a pied side but I don’t know that gene well enough to be sure.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it isn’t pied-sided, but it is a lovely amel motley, could have something subtle like red factor going on, but I don’t think so…just a solid amel motley, which is a great look. I love corns. I’m required by contract-with-myself to say so every time I see one.

5 Likes

That’s a handsome boy you’ve got! His motley pattern is beautifully regular. I concur that he’s likely to be het caramel based upon the orange/golden tones. It’s only an educated guess, but caramel hets are often visusl to some degree. I’ve got an amel stripe het caramel who is a very similar color. Pied sided has thus far been associated with diffusion, and it’s rather uncommon. I don’t see that trait on your boy. What are your plans for him?

2 Likes