Breeding crested geckos

First time breeding cresties, introduced the male with female and she runs away from him and he will bite her and she bites him back and gets away and then he starts looking and smelling all around the cage until he finds her again and the same thing happens where he will bite and she will bite and run away, is this normal and should I be concerned, I need some advise thank you.

4 Likes

@ghoulishcresties @foxreptile they should be able to help!

2 Likes

Okay thank you yeah any advise would be greatly appreciated

2 Likes

What’s ages and weights?

If all correct, It’s Normal. She’s saying she doesn’t want to breed basically.
Some females do this whereas others will sit there and do nothing.

Personally I always add the female to the males viv. Otherwise the male scent will stay in her viv which can stress her out after he’s left still.

I’d separate again for a couple days, and then put the female to the male. Leave them together for a few days and then separate. I then put back together for a few days a month later. :blush:

3 Likes

I agree with @ghoulishcresties she is saying no. Not uncommon if it’s her first time, even some experienced Cresties say no to a male.

What personality do they both have? One of my males is a little scatty in his enclosure but his great when his out, so I’m making a separate enclosure for breeding purposes, nothing fancy just a huge tub… Still bioactive.

I’d separate them for now, see how she does with his scent in her enclosure for s couple of days, if she is stressed you should clean everything so his scent isn’t as strong.

How much room and hiding spaces do they have when they are together? Any pics?

How did you introduce them? What are their weights & ages? How is her calcium sacks?

Just want to add, I haven’t paired my Cresties yet but I’ve done extensive research as that is who I am and I’m about to start breeding my Cresties, just a few weeks left :blush:

Sorry for the questions but the more info the better

2 Likes

Following this one as I will be breeding next year…if my wife finds a female she likes.

2 Likes

Is she looking for any particular Crestie? What Crestie do you currently have?

1 Like

Here is her male, Toby. Not sure she ever got a definitive answer from the breeder about morph. And I’m not certain she has decided on what female she wants.

2 Likes

I can’t be certain but looks like a harlequin, however if you have any fired up pics as well as pics of its back, that would help with ID.

Good luck in finding your Crestie a girl. Important thing to note when looking to buy, if your planning to sell the baby cresties, is lineage.

2 Likes

I’ll try and get some additional photos this weekend. Thanks a lot,

2 Likes

Looks like a Harley pin/partial pin from the line. More images of back would tell :blush:

142770-7bcb3be748f5ff062254181565d33228

Here’s a couple I found on my phone. I’ll try to get him fired up good in a couple days.

4 Likes

It looks like a high % pinstripe harlequin. I could change my guess to tri-color depending on the fired-up picture.

3 Likes

I agree, but fired up version will tell for sure

2 Likes

Harlequin partial pinstripe. As said trt get him to fire. Put him
On a cricket tub with a bit of water and wait! Usually works! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

5 Likes

That is a beautiful gecko :grin:

1 Like

Harlequin partial pin :blush:

3 Likes

It is so useful to have a gecko IDer :grin:

3 Likes

RIGHT!!

Many thanks yall.

3 Likes