2021-2022 Season Begins

If you followed my last season thread, you saw it was quite a mixed bag of beautiful animals and some disastrous clutches. Hopefully this year will be better. With that I give you a picture of my first pairing. The girl did not go for me last year and the boy is a little young and looks like a baby by comparison. The pairing is 0.1 Dbl Het Clown/Ghost to a 1.0 Chocolate Enchi Dbl Het Clown/Ghost.

3 Likes

I didn’t have the greatest luck recently either so I feel your pain! Hope you kill it this year! Good luck with all your pairings! Look forward to seeing what you produce for real!

2 Likes

Thanks Shaun. I hope your luck turns to the better as well. Let’s have a good season.

2 Likes

Here are a few more pairings I have going for this season. I did not hit any clown combos last season even though I had paired two combos that could have, so I am increasing my odds this year.

0.1 Clown 66% het Ghost X 1.0 Fire Leopard het Clown

0.1 Leopard Pastel YB het Clown X 1.0 Black Pastel het Clown

0.1 Spotnose Clown X 1.0 Fire Redstripe het Clown

3 Likes

The 2022 hatchling season is about to get underway. This poor girl is ready to blow! You can literally see the lumps of eggs in her body as she is getting everything pushed down for deposit. I think I will have eggs here in the next day or two. Stay tuned.

4 Likes

It’s happening now. I’ll do another follow up when they are all out.

4 Likes

9 eggs total although one is a boob egg, but still looks viable. Total weight of the clutch was 1009 grams, so an average of 112+ grams. Not bad for her first clutch. My next clutch is due to drop sometime in the first week of June. And so the waiting begins.

5 Likes

That’s great, congratulations on the clutch!

1 Like

My second clutch has been laid. This is from my Spotnose Clown. It isn’t the prettiest clutch. 7 eggs and a ?. The one in lower right looks mostly like a slug and I really don’t expect it to go anywhere, but it has a few veins on the one end. I’ll let it do it’s thing or not.

5 Likes

Day 61 and clutch #1 has started to pip. About 5 of the eggs have cuts in them. More to come.

2 Likes

I was out of town so my lovely wife was taking pictures and giving me updates. When I got home tonight, two had crawled out and all the rest had either pipped or had slit the egg, so I cut and it looks like they have almost all absorbed everything. This was a different setup than I have done in previous years and the eggs seem very dry. I’m not sure I will continue to use this method. Nevertheless, it looks like I have 4 clowns and 5 hets. Once everything crawls out and sheds, I’ll make a better determination of what they are. The genes at play are Fire, Leopard, and Clown with the sire also being 50% possible het for Pied and the dame being 66% possible het for Hypo. Thanks for looking.

5 Likes

I lost one of the clowns. It never fully came out but was severely underdeveloped. The rest of the clutch looks fine and is a pretty nice mix of the genes at play. A little of everything.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Clutch #1 has shed and been sexed. I had a pleasant surprise in that the female proved to be an OD Clown, even though I had purchased her as a single gene Clown. So here is a picture of the whole clutch shed, and the results, going from top left and proceeding counter clockwise. Thanks for looking.

1. 0.1 Orange Dream Fire het Clown
  2. 1.0 Orange Dream Clown
  3. 0.1 Leopard Clown
  4. 0.1 Orange Dream Fire Leopard het Clown
  5. 0.0.1 Orange Dream Leopard het Clown
  6. 0.1 Orange Dream Leopard Clown
  7. 0.1 Orange Dream Fire Leopard het Clown
  8. 1.0 Fire Leopard het Clown.

Clutch #2 is expected to start pipping early next week.

6 Likes

They look amazing congrats, can’t wait to see the second clutch :relaxed:

This year was a bag year for us, must be something in the air :persevere: so I’m relying on other ppls pics to keep my hopes up

1 Like

Thank you Fox. It is a pretty solid result. Sorry to hear you’ve had an off year. Hang in there. My next clutch due should be exciting. 1.0 Redstripe Fire het Clown X 0.1 Spotnose Clown. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Can’t wait :relaxed:

Someone just posted a Redstripe Spotnose Fire Clown for sale. Take a look because it is stunning. I hope I hit at least one of them. I have 7 chances and now I am even more excited for next week.

1 Like

Just wanted to post another picture of this girl. She is just so intense. This photo is untouched other than cropping.

4 Likes

Wow amazing clown :star_struck: