2021-2022 Season Begins

I love super dark and rich clowns! Super beautiful.

Clutch # 2 is starting o pip. First one out appears to be a Clown of some sort. Really excited about this one and a little anxious to see how the boob eggs pan out. There isn’t much of an egg there as you can see on the two, so I’m expecting some little ones. Stay tuned.

4 Likes

The first one has crawled out. Spotnose Clown but will need to color up and shed before I can be certain there is no Redstripe or Fire in play. Love the headstamp on this one. Really looks like a skull.

Still only seeing cuts in one other egg, so I’m getting a little anxious to start seeing more or them pip. Stay tuned.

7 Likes

Very cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Second one is out. I’m thinking this one is carrying more than the first, but again will wait for it to color up. Also a picture of the two, side by side. I have a couple more heads poking out that appear to be hets, not Clown. Still more to come.

5 Likes

When the first one came out the head stamp made me think, Spotnose. The truth is I haven’t hatched any Spotnose Clowns before that weren’t Batman. This female’s last clutch had 4 Batman and a Leopard Clown.

Now that I’ve been looking at the side by side pictures I took, I am thinking the first one may actually be a Redstripe Clown with no Spotnose. I love working with new combos because it’s a surprise and a learning experience.

3 Likes

That’s really great. I struggle with ID, esp if it’s a bought snake as you never really know if they have missed a gene or something and and totally confuse things, for me anyway lol

1 Like

Because the universe loves balance and I did very well on Clutch #1, I am not exactly crushing it on clutch #2. Even with three co-dom genes and a visual recessive to het in the pairing, I hit a Normal. There are still the two boob eggs and one is Clown and looks promising. I cut the last boob egg because I saw no sign after three days and 5 of the 6 had crawled out. It looks like a snake but looks behind on development. Not sure it is viable. Here is a pic of what is out and the one head of the pipped boob egg.

4 Likes

This little one finally crawled out. It seems a little weak so I hope it makes it because it is the best combo of the clutch. It is only 30 grams and I am not sure I should let cohabitate with the others because it is so tiny. Can’t wait to see this one color up. Anyways, without further ado, here it is.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Omg that one is amazing, I hope it makes it :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

That last baby finally crawled out of the second boob egg. It is fully five days since the first two crawled out of their eggs. Talk about having to exercise patience. It’s a little Fire Redstripe het Clown. It still has a little of the umbilical sticking to it, so I didn’t want to lift it up and weigh it. I am guessing maybe 40 grams. You can see in the pic it is not much larger than the other little one, which is only 30 grams. I am keeping them separate from the rest of the clutch because they are so tiny and am afraid they will be crushed is a pile of larger babies.

5 Likes

I think it’s a great idea to keep them separate. We had a similar thing last year with one of our babies and kept it separate. It did really well

2 Likes

The whole clutch is out now. A couple of tiny ones from the boob eggs, one at 30 grams and the other at 41 grams. Very nice babies just the same. Out of the 7, I hit 3 Clown combos and 3, possibly 4, Redstripe combos. Also hit the 1/16 odd of the ever elusive Normal. :upside_down_face:

Next clutch isn’t due until mid September and it is only a 3 egg clutch. Fingers crossed to hit a Chocolate Hypo Clown. Stay tuned.

4 Likes

That is an awesome looking clutch, hope they all feed okay :crossed_fingers:

Good luck with the next clutch

1 Like

My favorites the bottom middle. Great looking clutch, congrats

1 Like

It appears that two of this last clutch are not going to do a shed after hatching. Of course, it is the two I was most anxious to see shed. All the others have shed in the sequence they hatched but these two. It has been two weeks or more since they crawled out of the egg so I presume they will not shed now. I’ve had this happen one time before and the baby just ended up shedding along with the rest of the clutch having their second shed. As long as they take meals, I will not be concerned. I just wanted to put up a few more pictures of this little one because I think it is so cool looking but as I stated, it is one of the two that hasn’t shed.

5 Likes

Typical snake making you wait lol

Hopefully it won’t be long before it sheds🤞 still a great looking snake

1 Like

Sabertooth tiger needs to be his name. He’s got the teeth marks! 🥹🖤

2 Likes

I hadn’t noticed that until you mentioned it, but yeah he does. :laughing:

3 Likes