Calling all experts (identifying clutch)

So just hatched out a ball Python clutch. Pairing was Lesser, black pastel, YB, pastel, calico 100% Ghost
X normal 100% Het pied, 100% Het VPI axanthic.

However I’ve got some crazy snakes so think theres either an extra gene at play or a miss identified gene.

Will post some of the babies pics as well as a pic of dad as a reference to maybe help out.

These last pics are of dad.

So after weeks of looking at thousands of ball Python pics and combos. I think red stripe might be at play? Wanted to know though I’ve done a side my side of my snakes along side snakes with red stripe.

A lesser, Red stripe and a Pastel Red Stripe

7 Likes

Super interested to see what the second to last one is, assuming it’s not lighting or something else, that looks like a really strong orange!

2 Likes

And it doesn’t look like the photo has been edited (side joke)

2 Likes

Yeah the orange is so intense, even the belly sides are orange. I’d say it’s actually even brighter than what my phone camera can pic up. With the deepest ink jet black. I also got some normal black pastels (Barnhart line) from this clutch and they nothing like this.

I got 2 of the intense orange and black with crazy joined pattern. 1 (boy) and a (girl) so I will be pairing them back together when they old enough.

4 Likes

Do you mind putting pics of mom too?

1 Like

It looks like Mandarin, maybe? Hopefully not a hold back! :wink:

This is mum, I believe her to be just a dark normal with the double het.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Another pic of the belly orange boy

6 Likes

I mentioned lighting, not editing. I must have missed the joke…

1 Like

Lol :joy:
It had to do with that you won the OTM that is all :rofl:

1 Like

Interesting.

Anyway, looking forward to the ID’s, perhaps @t_h_wyman could weigh in?

1 Like

I would say possibly orange belly

I don’t know about red stripe because I don’t work with it but the one looks awfully cypress lesser.

1 Like

I think that this ID is going to be quite difficult because of the mixed bag of hatchlings you got.

Orange belly is just a line of yellowbelly.

3 Likes

There is a single gene black pastel and a pewter calico yellowbelly and a yellowbelly. To me the other two look like cypress lesser and cypress lesser yellowbelly calico. The orange on the belly is a result of yellowbelly and calico.unless that is the black pastel lol there’s no yellowbelly or calico in that but it’s super clean example which could cause the orange drifting into the belly scales.

4 Likes

Here’s a pic of a single gene black pastel from the clutch and the orange black pastel. It’s night and day.

4 Likes

Belly shot of one the orange black pastels

4 Likes