Super Enchi Albino vs Enchi Albino

When you think albino ball python, you just picture white and yellow probably. Probably don’t even think it’s that interesting comparatively. Sure you can add some pattern morphs, but it’s pretty much white n yellow. Then there’s the enchi gene and just like ivories and pieds, it changed it in ways that weren’t expected.

This doesn’t seem to be well known when I mention it to people. And I’d say that’s quite understandable given it takes a year or two before you really see what it can do. So here is a comparison picture between a Enchi Albino and Super Enchi Albino, Hatchlings and Adults. Honestly the Enchi Albino has some more growing to do, but you can start to see the different shades of yellow and the orange color on her sides coming in. Is it bad that I think the Enchi albino looks better than the super enchi albino? Lol

Super Enchi Albinos on the left, Enchi Albinos on the right.

11 Likes

The super enchi is so much more yellow. The difference is probably much more noticeable in person, I bet.

2 Likes

Awesome comparison photo. Enchi seems to be key in all the melanin disrupters!

3 Likes

It’s actually pretty close to what you see. The super enchi I’d say is a more vibrant yellow, but the Enchi has almost neon yellow parts. I also found it interesting, the super enchi baby has orange on it’s sides, but the adult doesnt. Where the baby enchi doesn’t, but the adult does. Maybe it’s something that can vary with both of them. Guess I’ll find out as the supers grow up.

I think it’s an underrated project and plan on pushing it farther with some other combos.

1 Like

No, not at all. But you do have a point.

You say that like there is something wrong with yellow and white…

4 Likes

It just seems to be the general consensus that it’s boring, obviously I don’t agree, this year I’m holding back more albino / het albino stuff than I ever have.
Cypress does some awesome stuff, nice!

2 Likes

Even more so when added to Acid to the mix!

3 Likes

These are awesome Travis. Expanding those white areas with key melanin increasers, especially acid. What is the affect of cypress in these combos?

1 Like

To me I see it in the cleaning of the pattern (side pattern changed to the “spots”) and some dorsal straighten.

1 Like