Hi from Georgia

Hello all,
I posted here once because I had a problem and now I’m just trying to get more connected in the community. Anyway I’m located in the Atlanta area and love all things reptile but I’m starting to specialize in the more uncommon stuff. I’m also planning on breeding in the relatively near future. right now my collection is small but i’m working on slowly growing it. Just FYI I suck at computer stuff and if i don’t respond to you it"s nothing personal I just suck at this kind of stuff. I"m looking forward to getting to know you guys even though the concept of “knowing” people online is still kind of weird to me.

12 Likes

Nathan
Welcome to the community! It definitely is kinda weird getting to know people online, but its worth it! I have learned so many great things from a bunch of amazing people on this forum. I hope your experience with it is a great as mine is.

3 Likes

Hi @nathanfincher welcome to our community!
I hope that you enjoy get to know people on here. It was weird for me when I first joined the forum because I don’t do social media at all. But people like @saleengrinch, @erie-herps, and many more (of course @eaglereptiles) made this community a home for me. I couldn’t see my day to day life without the impact for this forum. They have pushed me to get into my dream of breeding high-end boas, and provided me with so much encouragement along the way. Definitely take a chance and try to get to know people bit by bit, it will be worth it. I am so happy that you joined. If you have any herps, please feel free to add some pictures. We love to see them.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community great to have what do you plan on breeding

5 Likes

Hello Nathan! :wave:
Welcome to the community!
What kind of animals do you have? When I joined here I was very nervous but I quickly realized how much I love it here. Everybody’s very helpful in answering questions and I’ve learned a lot since being here.
Thank you for the tag @lumpy.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! I lived in St Mary’s Georgia for a while! Been to Atlanta many a times!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. as for what I keep, I currently have a bearded dragon (my first reptile) a crested gecko, Kenyan sand boa (those are my for lack of a better term, rescuse) a male t+ albino cape house snake and a female het t+ albino house snake. I’m planning to breed the house snakes once my female is old enough and of proper weight. my male is already there. I’m also planning to add more house snakes soon, as well as a couple different species of uncommon colubrids and lizards. I’ll try to keep y’all updated on the breeding stuff and new additions if you want. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Those are awesome, I’m hoping to get kenyan sand boas and cape house snakes this year. Feel free to add pictures of them.

1 Like

Hey, welcome fellow Georgian! I’m way south of you in the tiny little town of Tifton. You’re in a good location to get involved with the reptile community, there are a lot of reptile shows that happen in the Atlanta area and a lot of big breeders live in the state (including Albey Scholl, Bob Vu, Justin Kobylka, Deborah Stewart, the Weavers, etc.). The Georgia reptile community is pretty tight too, at least for ball pythons.

2 Likes

Yeah I highly recommend the house snakes. I think I might start a thread about them because they are super underrated. my sand boa is also pretty cool but I naturally don’t see him very often. I’ll post pictures if I can remember how. might be tommarow though

1 Like

thanks for the welcome! I don"t keep ball pythons but hopefully that won’t keep me from getting to know people. I’m planning on joining the GA reptile society so maybe that will help.

1 Like

GRS folks are a great bunch of people, I think you’ll really enjoy volunteering with them! I assist when I can, but there aren’t a lot of events down here in south Georgia. I would love to change that but my job keeps me waaaaay too busy to be proactive with new events.

1 Like

Took me awhile but here are the pics

male crested gecko named Mr Pickles
male kenyan sand boa named Sunny
male t+ cape house snake named Apollo
male bearded dragon named Scorcher
female het t+ cape house snake named Athena

6 Likes

Those look great.

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

I love your house snake pair! House snakes are some of my favorites!

3 Likes

What a lovely lot!! :grin:

2 Likes

Great looking animals!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

@saleengrinch I gotta agree. Do you keep any?

2 Likes

I do! I have a pair of kzn t+ albino and I have bred them in the past as well. One of my favorites!

3 Likes