Spotnose het clown confirmation

So I got this “Spotnose het clown” from a breeder who was not the most experienced, he seemed fairly new to breeding. I am a little worried this is a normal but I am also not well experienced in gene identification. Take a look and let me know what you think please and thank you.
Pictures in the comments.

1 Like

Personally I think it’s a normal.

3 Likes

It looks like a spotnose to me, the headstamp and funky pattern give it away for me.
If you’re ever not sure about an ID ask for pictures and genes of the parents and other animals in the clutch. That should tell you what could be in the animal, what the chances are of it being in the animal, and how the rest of the clutch compares to it.

3 Likes

That’s definitely a spotnose. You will have no visual indications of het clown.

3 Likes

I do think it’s a spotnose, just not a very good one

2 Likes

Probably why I thought normal. When looking at spotnose myself they looked different head wise.

Hopefully proves out het clown.

I think spotnose welcome to the community

Oh definitely, it’s one of those morphs that seems to show some pretty huge variation. This is my spotnose girl and the headstamp is much more clear

5 Likes

The hooks on the dorsal are a indicator as well

1 Like

Thank you very much everyone, I saw the parents and the clutch myself. I bought a mojave spotnose and this spotnose together and was just worried about it being a normal rather than a very low expression spotnose. There is no worry about it being het or not, just wanted to double check. Its been stressing me out a little bit :joy:.

2 Likes

Here is a pic Spotnose het clown I produced last year by itself and compared to its Normal het clown sibling. I do think yours is Spotnose, but it isn’t an example that jumps out at you. When I am considering a purchase, I want the animal to leave little doubt about its genetics. If you have to ask about a single gene animal, (not including the potential het) then I would pass, even if it is. Just my $0.02.

4 Likes

While I agree with you here, spotnose can be a tricky gene to identify to an untrained eye.

Spotnose is also a more yellowish color than normals. I agree yours looks Spotnose to me.

I live in a country where you grab any spotnose you can get your hands on. Right now they are pretty rare in South Korea sadly, which is why I took the risk.

1 Like

Congrats to you then. It is a Spotnose so you did well. Hopefully when put to other animals, it yields the patterns you’re looking for. I’ll look forward to seeing some of the babies in the future.

Thanks! Got a cute fire leopard clown to pair them with.

I just saw the pic of your Fire Leo Clown in the other thread. Beautiful. Fire Batman are awesome so you have a great project to work on.

3 Likes

Ok i gotta know out of morbid curiosity, for those of you that are “seeing spotnose” what is that is making you go Yep that is spotnose?

3 Likes

Can you post any better pics? they are way dark and an overall whole snake pic would be helpful

1 Like