9 eggs 9 bananas 🤔

Hello. I bred a banana Cinny to a “coral glow” (that’s what she was sold to me as ).
She laid 9 eggs. They all hatched today and they are all some type of banana each.
Would this mean one of the parents is a super banana? Or just lucky odds?

2 Likes

Have you sexed them?
Sorry I just read that again a banana to a coral glow would get you all bananas

2 Likes

No they’re still in the egg. But they all pipped out already so I’ve seen them all

1 Like

After they shed you’ll probably notice that you have a few super bananas or super coral glows. Banana and coral glow are the same gene. Do you have a picture of them, even if they’re in the egg?

1 Like

A picture of the offspring (or what’s visible of them) and parents will help. How confident are you in the identification? After they shed some might turn out not to be banana.

2 Likes

2 Likes

They’re all bananas for sure I can guarantee that . But the MorphMarket calculator shows that if one parent is a super banana then all babies will come out with the banana gene . Just double checking with you guys and girls

Coral glow and banana are the same morph, just different “lines” — so a cinnamon banana x coral glow would give you (on average) 25% super banana/CG, 25% normal, and 50% banana/CG — most likely you’ve hit a mixture of all banana/CG with possibly some babies super banana/CG… you lucked out on not hitting any normals! Of course about 50% of them would have cinnamon as well

And yes, a super banana will produce all bananas since it has two banana alleles that each baby will always receive one copy of.

5 Likes

So most likely one of the parents are super banana . Because aside from a percentage being normals a percentage would also be cinnamon. But I doubt it was luck. Sounds more like a super banana

Those odds aren’t enough to make me think super banana. My 5th clutch this year was OD x VPI Axanthic Het Albino 7/7 were OD. With both parents having the gene it’s not surprising really. I can think of a few clutches off the top of my head just from my GHI Enchi projects where both parents had Enchi and all babies were Enchi.

2 Likes

Along with some super Enchi I presume

2 Likes

I had a clutch of 6 eggs from an OD Enchi Pastel het G-Stripe to a Pied Ghost. I hit 0.6 OD Enchi Pastels who were all het. That is all of the Co-dom genes stacked on the female side and I still hit 6. It happens so just take it as great odds and expect the universe to even things out later. You could hit a clutch of all normals just as easy since the odds for every egg are the same.

4 Likes

Oh yeah no, those numbers I gave were the probability per egg — that doesn’t mean you’re gonna for sure get that number of morphs in your offspring in a clutch.

It’s all random, so your odds can be something crazy like your banana clutch or you could just get all normals.

3 Likes

Any pics of parents?

3 Likes

3 Likes

Beautiful parents, neither is a super.
But you’ve been bloody lucky with all those banana/CG and super banana/CG from what I can see :star_struck:

3 Likes

What do I do next ? Once they get out the egg? This is my first time :joy:

1 Like

When I had babies, I waited until they all came out of the egg, cleaned them off if need be (gently rinsed with warm water), set them up in a baby bin together with moist paper towel and a water bowl, and waited until they all shed.

Since it’s a rather large clutch, may have to split into two baby bins.

Once they all shed, separate them into their own separate bins, give them several more days to settle, and then offer them their first meals.

I’ll personally try rat pups first, as some will take, but most times you’ll likely have to use hopper mice and leave them overnight since they’re more active and in turn will get the hatchlings’ attention more.

Only offer food every 5 days or so, regardless if they take or not.

That’s just my method and what I can remember off the top of my head since I’ve only been through one successful breeding season, anyone is free to add/correct me if I’m missing something :joy:

3 Likes

You can put them all in one tub in the incubator. If this is the only clutch you have, you can lower the temp down to about 85. If you are still incubating other clutches, then don’t adjust anything. Use paper towel for substrate and have a water dish in the tub. Make sure to saturate the paper towel in the tub so that it is nice and wet. It shouldn’t be puddling, but it should be evenly saturated. Once each snake sheds then move them into their own individual hatchling tubs. Give them a couple day to adjust, and then you can try to offer them food. Little mouse hoppers seem to work best to start as they are pretty animated and have fur so they have a decent amount of scent. Congrats and good luck.

1 Like

Do I put them in a bin with holes in the incubator ? Or sealed tight like the egg box ? And is the size egg box good enough for all 9 of them?