A few super holdbacks

In between photographing hatchlings, I took the opportunity to get a couple shots of some holdbacks. The first two are 2020 clutchmates that I’ll be using to produce Sunburst Superconda’s. The last gal kind of amazes me. I hadn’t looked closely at her, she was a holdback regardless. While editing her photo, I noticed that she’s got a lot of similar markings to my yellow mystery gal, Blinkey… and she should, since they share the same mom :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I’m loving the second one because of that intense red stripe! I get excited every time I see you are posting pictures of hognose!

5 Likes

Super nice stuff as always! Love them! Second is my favorite just in case your wondering lol

5 Likes

I love the black mirror affect that you use

4 Likes

The second’s also my favorite. It seems to have a more silvery iridescence than the other ones.

I’m the same way.

4 Likes

Another vote for #2 as my favorite! Really cool babies!

4 Likes

Jeez… no love for #3 :joy:

#2 is :fire: I don’t even know how to describe her colours in person.

I’ll have to remember that! Because I keep mostly hogs, I don’t tend to post often. It’d be ALL hognoses.

I’m always curious which are everyone’s favourites Shaun! It sounds unanimous :joy:

She does have that silvery iridescence! I’ve never tried describing it, but you did perfectly Riley :slight_smile:

Thanks Olivia! I was hoping they’d turn out maybe half as vibrant as they did. The parents are super, super red and dad is one of the darkest Sables I’ve seen!

5 Likes

Still unanimous - they’re all very, very nice, but to my eye that second one is an absolute stunner! What are the morphs? I’m a corn snake girl who has always been charmed by wild hog nosed snakes.

4 Likes

Second has a stunning stripe.
But number one has some lovely bright face markings that draw me in and such a lovely colour.
And I mean number 3 is just a cutie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I would like to be on the record that number 3 is an absolute screamer As well!

5 Likes

Top is an Albino Superconda, second is a normal Conda and the last I’m not sure about. Albino something. The Superconda’s are “painted stripes”, a name given when they have the darker dorsal colour.

The first one is so bright in person, I didn’t expect her to turn out as red as she is

Isn’t she though?! I’m really looking forward to growing her up, the pattern is amazing!

3 Likes

Yeah I’m that guy that doesn’t breed or know anything about morphs or genetics or anything like that. I just like looking at gorgeous reptiles. And those are gorgeous reptiles!

3 Likes

I mean I’m certainly not complaining! I’d love to see you post more of your hognoses, in my opinion there’s never to many photos of hognose snakes!

3 Likes