My new bloods, can I see your short-tails?

The 2 Blood Pythons I picked up mid Sept are off to a great start.
Mulder, 1.0 Matrix Lyly het Tneg
Sculley. 0.1 Goldeney het Tneg
I would love to see any of your short tail pics yall want to share.

18 Likes

I love Goldeneyes! Them and ivories make me really want to get into bloods…so bad :grin:. They’re both beautiful, do you breed or hope to?

5 Likes

With time I will breed. Still very much an enthusiast.

3 Likes

This is my boy Clive.

18 Likes

These guys are super nice makes me miss my bloods lol.

7 Likes

He is a beautiful boy!

2 Likes

Here’s some (not all) of mine!

14 Likes

14 Likes

Very nice. Beautiful pattern

2 Likes

Very nice.

2 Likes

Great collection for sure. #goals I eventually want pairs of all 3 species.

1 Like

I love the names you chose so much!

3 Likes

Thank you. All the other species that I plan on getting pairs of will also be Sci fi names. My bps are all named for pro wrestlers, lol.

3 Likes

Number 1, 3, and 6 make me absolutely want bloods! They are all beautiful :star_struck:.

3 Likes

I’m curious, what is “Lyly”? Some sort of line-bred trait?

I’ve been eyeing a male on MorphMarket that’s listed as a Matrix Lyly Tpos — he’d be a good fit for my Normal het Tpos I’d think!

Here’s her by the way:

8 Likes

From my understanding it’s an enhancer. I don’t believe it’s a “gene” per se. It’s not a dominant or incomplete dominant. I believe it’s its a specific lineage of brongersmai with clean lines, more vibrant colors, reduced blushing and fading. Kind of like how cherrybomb is a more intensely red line of bloods. Genetic calculators only label hatchlings as possible lyly. They won’t give a % for them. I’m very new to short tails. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me responds.

1 Like

T+ Female blood. Her name is Sausage. Allegedly a 2017 animal

8 Likes

Funny because none of those are bloods lol. All three of them are Borneo short tails, which is mostly what I work with.

3 Likes

I guess when I see them, I just refer to them as bloods because of commonality of the name, as horrible as it is.

1 Like

Super annoying when people say “Borneo Bloods” like there aren’t even brongersmai on the island of Borneo. The worst is “Sumatran Bloods” because there are the two species on Sumatra, so it could either be describing a brongersmai from Sumatra, or incorrectly a curtus.

5 Likes