Circus Jedi Yellow Belly Clown

So we purchased a small collection from someone local that passed away. This was definitely one of the more unique snakes in the collection. Does anyone have any information about the Jedi gene? I have surched but haven’t really found much. Thanks for any info.
20211024_204420
20211024_204349
20211024_204411

9 Likes

I have not heard much about the Jedi gene but this is definitely a beyond interesting clown combo. I’d say perhaps @eaglereptiles could be of some help. He is developing a morph encyclopedia with the goal of having info on every gene. He may also know a user here that has worked with the gene directly or has more info.

2 Likes

The Jedi gene was discovered by John Berry.

It’s been a hard one to find much info on, but what I have is that it is not far from a Fire appearance in its single gene form. You have the usual alien heads but they are slightly grainier/Granite-like and a overall a less greeny hue. It’s definitely a mutation that you get the best out of in combos with dark traits.

The Dark Matter (Jedi Mojave) is a good example to look for. It is usually a really clean, dark, animal with very little variation to the Mojave patterning.

We know it’s not just another Granite-type in the superstripe complex as there is YB Jedis, or the BluEL Complex as there is Mojave and Butter jedis.

That’s all I’ve got for now.

6 Likes

Thank you for the information. That is amazing that you are that knowledgeable. She is amazing in person and we are trying to decide what plans we have for her.

2 Likes

Our Jedi Grim Mojave boy produced by Britney Gobble at Gobble’s Reptiles.

You can see the pixellation around the edges of the patterning from the Jedi. See how the edges aren’t smooth? Also the broken alien heads are from Jedi reacting with Grim. Note how the Mojave and Jedi are working together to give a nice base color for the Grim to express against.

Grim is giving him the granulation in the alien heads and the dark outlines around the patterns.

Mojave lightens up everything and gives him a nice clean pallette of pattern to work with.

Really looking forward to seeing what all this does mixed in with some of our multi gene girls!

Also, he’s a little off in color here. Right after a shed, he’s very bright and shiny. Not quite 1 year old here.

2 Likes