Darkest, Dark?

OK what is the darkest, blackest BP morph out there? And can I pretty please see some pictures?

4 Likes

I think super cinnamon can make an all black snake. Sry I don’t have any pics

1 Like

For a pure black snake super black pastel will do that. However they often have birth defects. For a black snake that doesn’t have birth defects super mahogany/suma is often used.

1 Like

Look up the Abyss. It’s a Suma (Super Mahogany) GHI and probably the darkest ball python I’ve seen yet, even over super black pastel/super cinnamon

5 Likes

I’m really digging the Suma with that dorsal stripe!!

4 Likes

This isn’t the darkest, but it is the darkest I have. It is a Blackhead GHI. All in all, he’s pretty dark for not being a super form of anything.

6 Likes

Personally I think avoiding the genetic defect lines is the way and eventually selective breeding of the others will result in higher melanistic animals.
Happy to learn, just my simple opinion

1 Like

He looks pretty super to me!!

5 Likes

He’s nice!!

I bought this girl (GHI cinnamon phantom pos nanny) with plans to pair her to a male with blackhead, yellowbelly and mahogany (yet to be purchased) down the line. That pairing should make some super dark babies

11 Likes

She’s a beauty as well!

Absolutely! Let’s eliminate all the defect lines

1 Like

This guy is the blackest ball python I have seen in person. It is patterned but it’s super freaking dark. Sable cinnamon blackhead. Picture doesn’t even start to do him justice for sure!

12 Likes

Wow what a snake!!

3 Likes

He is! Unfortunately he is not mine! He is my partner in crimes! He produced him! I have a clutchmate but he’s no where near as impressive and has pastel in him lol.

2 Likes

So to produce the suma I just basically need a high quality mahogany pair? My wife is liking the stripe on the dark background on the suma.

3 Likes

Her color is lush!

2 Likes

Here is a Abyss that was sold on MM. If you want darkest without chances for deformities it is definitely the way to go. You can start with a mahogany female and then pick up a GHI mahogany male once she is bigger/older.
https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/pythons/ball-pythons/617029

4 Likes

That abyss is amazing.

So you mentioned deformities. Is there a chance of deformities with the suma?

Suma doesn’t have any deformities which is why they are often used as an alternative to super black pastel.

1 Like

I think I found my first ball python breeding project. All the abyss and the others are amazing but that suma has me hooked!!

Now to convince the spousal unit we need to make them!

5 Likes