Cloudflare Captcha Challenges

Not sure where to put this but every time I try to go to MM marketplace or forums cloudwave seems to think I’m a bot. I do the captcha and then more captchas and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Only seems to happen on the desktop. I added the chrome extension recommend (Privacy Pass) but still am having to do multiple captchas every time I try to access the site. Any ideas what I can do? Doesn’t happen on my phone, just the desktop.

1 Like

*cloudflare. Just did it to me again!

It likely has to do with this. However, I thought it was fixed by now.
@eaglereptiles @lumpy

1 Like

Yea I saw that yesterday. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem I am today? I use a shared network form this computer so that could also be part of my issue, but I cannot change my network unfortunately.

1 Like

It might help to reset the cache and reset your computer.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. I have a couple extensions on my browser I’m going to disable too just t see if it helps.

2 Likes

Hi @gwengecko

I would recommend that you restart your cache and your computer like @erie-herps suggested. Also, if you leave a tab open, make sure to close that MorphMarket or MRC tab.

2 Likes

That may have done it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @gwengecko ,

Can you tell me when this issue started for you? Did it start just a couple days ago or a few weeks ago?

The change two days ago should be only challenging clients which appear to be a bot. I wonder why your account appears this way.

I doubt cache reset would have helped, but you said “that may have done it” – did the challenges go away?

I’m definitely curious how many users are seeing this. This is the first I’ve heard of it.

2 Likes

Hi John,

So the problem started just yesterday. I cleared my computer’s cache, disabled AdBlock for MM, now have the Privacy Pass extension though I am not sure it is doing anything, and totally restarted my computer too and it seems to have solved the problem so far.

2 Likes

(*disabled AdBlock for the morphmorket.com domain)

I don’t think the cache would have helped, but perhaps the Privacy Pass kicked in now.

1 Like

There was another chrome extension I disabled that dealth with tracking and cookies an unfortunately I can’t remember at the moment but, I bet you are right and the privacy pass probably kicked in. Thanks everybody for the help!

3 Likes

Well, apparently the problem is back. I have not use the desktop since last Friday, using the phone instead. So solution has not been found.

Left for a few minutes and came back and again blocked by Cloudflare. This is awfully obnoxious.

I will tag @john to see if he has any more suggestions.

1 Like

I noticed the Privacy Pass extension has an N/A on it? Not sure what that means or if helpful.

I suppose I am just not going to try to access MM from my desktop, or laptop now as I am having the same problem on that computer too as of last Friday. I don’t understand what I did and why I have to do these multiple CAPTCHAs every time just to visit a website I have been visiting pretty regularly for 2 years and have bought at least 10 animals using. I guess it’ll be from my phone only which sucks as it’s hard to edit my saved item list.

Hi @gwengecko, please be patient, we are still looking into this issue.

This is something Cloudflare is doing to prevent bots, which is working I think for 99% of users, and you are one of the unlucky ones. But we still care about you, and we have several ideas to try.

First, I made a change today which may only ask you to do a captcha once every 24 hours. Can you try for a day and confirm if you see any change in behavior?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks John, I do appreciate the help and sincerely apologize for being impatient yesterday. There’s other stuff going on in my life and MM is one of the places I can escape the crazy of every day. I did lose my patience yesterday, and I apologize.

So I am typing from my desktop today and no captcha at all! I suppose since I did the captcha yesterday it’s allowing me to enter. There are other people that have had this same issue?

Again I appreciate the help and will test out my access from the desktop over the next few days and see how it goes, and update you here. Thank you so much, Jen.

3 Likes