Photos of my collection [Solar Serpents]

Thought I would make a post showing off some of my current snakes. There are still several that need proper photos, so I’ll add those in as I take them.

36 Likes

I’ve never actually been interested in corn snakes much before but these are awesome and made me decide to get them at some point.

10 Likes

Thanks! I feel like corns have so much variety in colors and patterns that most people could find one they like. Plus they typically have awesome personalities.

11 Likes

Some really really nice snakes there!!

8 Likes

Beautiful group. I have had reverse okeetee and tessera on my list of want to get.

11 Likes

Very beautiful group! The fifth one is especially pretty in my opinion. Do you mind if I steer off course and ask what you use for background and lighting?

9 Likes

Thank you! And sure, I’m happy to share. I have a simple light box that I made. It’s made out of white polystyrene. The left and right sides of the box have large squares cut out of them and are covered with white cotton fabric. I place a lamp on either side of the fabric to get some diffused lighting in there. And I typically use a Canon rebel dslr for photos, but I would imagine that if you have good lighting, any camera, including a phone could do a pretty good job. And I am definitely far from an expert! I always have to fiddle with settings to try to get the color and lighting correct.

8 Likes

Beautiful collection of snakes.

9 Likes

Nice collection! I might need to get a corn… I mean why not

7 Likes

Beautiful animals! I think you may have convinced me into getting one (or a few) down the line! Really cool morphs

7 Likes

I’m being redundant here, but they’re beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I can’t choose a favorite from among your lovely creatures. (Kudos for the great photos, too.)

6 Likes

I know, right? @solarserpents these pictures turned out wonderful!

6 Likes

I have been meaning to get a light box. You’re inspiring me to stop putting it off. :grin:

6 Likes

A few snakes to add to the photos (and some who just needed an update!).

13 Likes

Those are really beautiful snakes right there!

4 Likes

I totally second that! Love seeing your beautiful corns, Olivia.

4 Likes

2 is my favorite. I have always been a fan of high amounts of red and patternless/stripes.

3 Likes

Thanks! I forgot to label the photos, but that is Krakatoa, a lava stripe.

3 Likes

Two new babies, both aneries, but with okeetee parentage, so the male has very nice borders.

10 Likes

Nice little Aneries. That male is going to be gorgeous with those distinct borders!

4 Likes