Orange glow x lavender albino reticulated python breeding

I was wondering what would happen if I were to breed a orange glow reticulated python with a lavender albino since the MorphMarket calculator just makes double hets. If anyone knows i would greatly appreciate the information.

1 Like

I don’t know much about retic genetics, but if the morph market calculator is saying your only gonna make hets that tells me these genes are recessive, and the animals produced will look like normals, but be het for both genes you mentioned. Breed them to a visual orange glow or to a lavender albino that’s when you will see more visuals. To see visuals both parents have to carry the gene. Where incomplete dominate traits only 1 parent has to carry the gene to see visuals.

Orange glow is the Indo caramel and the Clark strain albino…expressed in one animal(white, purple, or lavender)…when bred together, they create a visual albino…(the orange glow), because the Indo line of T positive albino, and Clark strain albino…lay on the same allele. So if you bred a lavender to an orange glow…you will make albinos and orange glows…the albino strains you would produce, will depend on which phase of albino was used to make the orange glow(because a lavender is when you have a purple parent, and a white parent). So if it was a lavender…you will make all three phases of albino, plus orange glows. A purple would get you OG’s, purples and lavs…a white would be OG’s, lavs, and purples…hope I dodnt confuse you more than I helped…but that is what you would get.

5 Likes

I read you loud and clear, you’ve helped a ton, thanks.

You’re welcome!

1 Like

You will produce 2 phases of orange glow, and 2 Clark albino phases; the question is, is your orange glow het white or het purple?

If your orange glow is het purple, then the pairing will yield

25% Orange glow-Visual double het (Indo Caramel x Purple)
25% Orange glow- Visual double het (Indo Caramel x White)
25% Lavender- Visual double het (White x Purple)
25% Purple

If your Orange glow is Het white albino then you will still yield equal ratios of both Orange Glow phases and Lavenders; however, instead of 25% purple, 25% of the offspring will be white.

As you probably assumed, between the two phases of Orange Glows, Het White are lighter in color, while Het Purple are darker in color.

1 Like

So in the MorphMarket why it mention double het just for show only. But if any albino strain doesnt matter orange caramel or purple its still show albino. Am i correct?