Should this buyer be allowed to leave negative review?

Closing Valentines Day GIF by NETFLIX

3 Likes

I dont agree with the negative review standing in my honest opinion. This wasnt a review on an actual issue, this was a review soley on emotions and has nothing to do with your buisness. That enclosure is ridiculous for a ball python and kudos to you for caring about the ball python.

2 Likes

I had a negative review last year over something that wasn’t my fault.
A Crestie died as courier (won’t name but should NEVER be used as my animal wasn’t the only they’ve killed) ignored request to keep warm etc.

I’d love it to be removed but unfortunately was told it wouldn’t be. Still on there now and really pees me off :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I believe that any dispute that was settled should not end in a negative review. If you offer a refund in an attempt to solve the problem or because you do not trust the buyer, the negative review shouldn’t stand. Just as @dsed stated, that review was not on the service you provided, but rather was based completely off emotions.

And that vivarium is definitely not built for a ball python. It is very small and while it is a gorgeous setup, that should be left for a frog or gecko, not a python. It is our responsibility to make sure that our animals go to good homes, and this would not have been a suitable environment for the snake to go to.

1 Like

While I can totally understand being unhappy about a review like that, it’s pretty obvious that the issue was with the buyer and not you. All someone would need to do is simply look at ALL of your other reviews to see that this particular person was being unreasonable. It happens.
If I were in your position, the thing I would want to be able to do is edit my reply to them, I’m not sure if you can do that. It should be shorter, and less obvious that you were pretty heated typing it (I can hear the keyboard!) I do a little hard typing myself sometimes.

This buyer was refunded money in full as per their request. So sorry we couldn’t do business together.

Then forget about them. I know you’re not sorry, but you should say it anyway. You did the right thing, and if you keep doing it this won’t be the last time you get a bad review from someone you have to decide not to sell to. Make sure that the next person can see that getting a negative won’t shake you one bit.

2 Likes

Yep, the bad review was simply targeted at your reputation as a seller, but any other reviews of yours would show that it was the buyer’s problem and not yours.

As the last email(s) to you said, we are still reviewing the information you have provided. The rating standing was based on “the breakdown in the transaction was no choice of their own”. If the evidence you have provided shows that’s not the case it may be reversed.

These emails were by the way before we saw you’d immediately come here to air it out in public, and not a result of that.

1 Like