World's First Retic combo! By complete surprise!

What an incredible surprise when these eggs hatched! Dam: 50% Kalaotoa, 12.5% Jampea Lavender Motley PH Anery. She was bred to a 37.5% Kalaotoa, 25% Jampea Anery het Albino that we produced.

To our incredible surprise, 5 out of 6 animals were Super Motley via Parthogenesis! And this amazing girl is the world’s first Super Motley Snow!

The only other animal to make it out of the egg is a beautiful Purple Snow.

This animal is so pure white, it’s unbelievable. She’s out of the egg and in her first shed now

23 Likes

congratulations! she is incredible!

6 Likes

Thank you! We are completely in awe

6 Likes

I would be too! I hope that she makes it. She would be an incredible ambassador animal to have.

4 Likes

She is in perfect health so far. Active, curious, and just went into shed. We are very hopeful that she will be an otherwise normal animal who just can’t celebrate Father’s Day :rofl:

8 Likes

Congratulations! That was one perfect, beautiful surprise :tada:

5 Likes

Truly amazing! I can’t wait to see those post shed photos!!

3 Likes

Big congratulations! Does this beauty have a name?

2 Likes

Im a bit confused in the post you say they were bred to X and then later state that 5 of 6 were partheneogenic which would mean she reproduced without a male. Did i misunderstand somewhere? I apologize if this is my not understanding the post

1 Like

I’m calling her Frost for the time being :relaxed:

4 Likes

She was bred. The male induced her into ovulation. The Non-motley Snow may be sired by the male as spilt father clutches do occur in Retics.

So while, yes, the Super Motleys are fatherless and are not dependant on the genetics of the male, the one might and it also set the stage for the description of what happened. As people may question “well are you sure the male wasn’t motley?” Etc. Which is why he’s listed.

5 Likes

I’m familiar w partho clutches(never had 1 myself) but I wasn’t aware they could create super forms. I thought them to be more like clones of mom. I didn’t know a single gene female could partho both copies of the single gene for supers.

5 Likes

In partho, the mom takes one of the genes, and clones it, so each gene in the offspring is going to be homozygous. For example, if a motley female laid a partho clutch, all of the babies would have two copies of one of the genes (either wild type or motley), so all of the babies would be normal or super motley, no motleys could be produced. There are some animals (like mourning geckos), that produce healthy babies with partho, but there’s something different happening that I haven’t learned yet.

7 Likes

I never knew that snakes could be partheneogenic, i did hear of one such snake she had no male and she produced only female offspring ( i assume they probably are like mother) im so amazed by our world, just when we think we have understood animals, they surprise our own science. I think partheneogenisis is natures way to saving a species.

4 Likes

That is correct. And because the dam is a Lavender Albino (one purple allele, one white allele) babies will either be purple or white.

If the Purple Snow sibling is male, we know it’s not partho. But if it’s female, there’s still a chance that the animal is still from the sire that was bred.

7 Likes

Hell creek made tiger version, mine is the only one without tiger.

She needs to be very well established and has multiple sheds and meals, but realistically I may keep get until over 6 months to be sure.

4 Likes

Congratulations, she’s beautiful! I hope she continues to do well for you. I’d love to see more pictures after she sheds!

5 Likes

First shed and bowel movement a complete success!

Holy ****! She’s insane looking!!

9 Likes

Parthenogens have a severely reduced lifespan. They don’t live for more than a few years.

3 Likes

That isn’t true. There are adults. They just have a high mortality rate the first few months which is why we are keeping her for longer instead of the usual one shed and 3+meals.

2 Likes