Sunsets! Outdoor Pin Sunset and More

I am really enjoying the look of these guys! Once they get a little size on them they look even better, the future is bright once they get mixed into more color and pattern mutations!

What do you want to see done in Sunset?

10 Likes

I know it is weird but I would like to see it in champagne and black head.

3 Likes

Is the top eight in the first pic a sunset ghi? How does the sunset gene age? Does it hold color well?

3 Likes

Good to see you posting in here Brandon! Killing it this season man!

You know what I like in sunsets. All about those sunset lavs and sunset ultramels!

I’m very interested to see sunset candy, sunset rainbow, and sunset monarch. I think sunset needs a heavy melanin reducer… so much promise already with the ultramel/lav versions. I can’t wait to get it in my collection to start on the sunset dreamsicle path.

3 Likes

Personally, I’m going the Pied route with my Sunset project, but I’m going to add lots of inc dom genes as well. I’m especially interested in adding darker genes and pairing them with color enhancers. Love what you’ve done with the ones you have!

3 Likes

I think with blackhead it would be really good, champagne will likely blank it out to much unfortunately loosing the reds that make sunsets, sunsets.

2 Likes

Top right is a straight sunset. Left is the Sunset Pinstripe and lastly a Lesser Sunset.

As far as how they age, it all depends my male has aged quite nicely, I show him in my YT videos and Reels on IG. He is due for a shed sometime soon so ill be doing more once he has a shinny new look.

1 Like

Yea I like the forum style vs FB and IG but I dont look here much as the layout leaves a few things to be desired. I liked the old RI forum format.

I am def curious about all the above you mentioned no rainbow here so cant figure that one out.

I got ya covered whenever youre ready for that sunset dreamsicle path. Currently waiting on second sheds to send in to have tested for het Clown :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, I really liked the look of the sunset pieds for a pattern combo more than I have with say clown but I am sure a sunset clown pied would look insane.

I also think adding in darker animals with enhancer type genes will bring out the best of both worlds keeping reds and adjusting the pattern and contrast.

1 Like