Blood boa breeding progress

So I am very excited about this year’s pairing I am breeding a female Ron st. Pierre blood boa. I got super lucky and found a male who was also Ron st. Pierre as well so the babies will all be from that bloodline. So far she is huge and I believe it to be a nice build. My male has wasted no time from the beginning constantly working on her. I am crossing my fingers for babies this coming year. I’m sure they will be RED. Note the mark on her is not a scar it’s calcium deposit I believe.

5 Likes

Best of luck with the breeding.

3 Likes

She is looking extra chunky I believe it’s a nice build. The male is on the other side of the tub I hope she’s telling him he did his job and ovy is approaching!

5 Likes

I’m not a breeder but I am sure it’s very exciting, especially with beauties like yours! Good luck! :blush:

2 Likes

My friend had an ultrasound and although she was on the move we captured something we think it is a baby!

3 Likes

I got a huge 12 baby litter unexpectedly today! I thought she was due in June! This makes my second litter ever. Going to post pictures after they shed!

8 Likes

They look nice so far. See a few keepers in all the goo there. The first picture with the little guy going back in the hide.

4 Likes

Congratulations! Those babies are spectacular! Surprise litters are the best! Please do post the after shed pics! I don’t remember seeing a lot of blood boa baby pics on here! I am so excited for you! :tada::+1::sunglasses::snake:

3 Likes

Very awesome. Congrats. I look forward to seeing them after they shed

2 Likes

This is one is definitely not a keeper because I like him too much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Just kidding, definitely keep him if the color holds good :wink:

2 Likes

Here they are they all shed out perfectly and are ready to move into their homes individually!

8 Likes

They are spectacular! Thank you for sharing! :blush:

You definitely got some incredible quality blood in there. Really really good job :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Congrats, that looks like an amazing litter! I get excited when one of my boas shed, I can only imagine seeing all of what you produced for the first time. Great work!

2 Likes