Ball python eggs from a 15+ year (young) female

This girl was my first morph ball python. I had a regular male and wanted a pretty expensive morph(at the time) a pastel!:joy::joy: I went to my local reptile expo and found her, a stunning baby pastel, granite! Nice non alien head type pattern and definitely the nicest one at the expo! The breeder gave me a great deal. I really have had no reason to breed her very often. This season I got one of my holdbacks, a karma(phantom, lesser) coral glow-possibly super coral glow up to size and wanted to prove out his poss super coral glow. Also I wanted to make a holdback with this girl to keep some of her bloodline for myself. (Just for my own personal nostalgia) She layed 7 good eggs and no slugs! Will update when they hatch! I’ll include a pic from 2008 when I picked her up too!

13 Likes

Congrats, and yay to her for a good, healthy clutch! Mid-age girls do a great job in my experience. I also bred my first ever ball python, just a normal het albino female, for the first time two years ago at age 10. She just gave me her second clutch in March this year.

5 Likes

Good luck on the eggs! And super sweet story too.

Nostalgia is most of my reason for breeding my first male this year too. You saw him on coldblooded, my big ol’ dinker boy.

6 Likes

Of course! It’s totally a different thing making holdbacks for yourself for personal reasons, then making morphs based just on genetics and what you think will sell good!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful girl and a great momma she is! 7 perfect eggs! You really can’t ask for more!

Lol I bet if you were wearing suspenders right now they would be bursting! I can imagine the pride in your heart! :+1::blush::clap:

4 Likes

Yes she did great! Even hissed at me when I tried to get her off her clutch, just like a good mom should! She definitely started the ball python craze for me! Hard to believe everyone wanted pastels back then! It is amazing how many morphs and breeders there are now! If you think about how crazy ball python breeding has become in just 15 years, I wonder what it will look like in another 15 years!

3 Likes

It is going to be even crazier :smile:!!

3 Likes

I bet you won’t even recognize it! :blush:

2 Likes

My first year breeding I bred my very first snake. She was a normal. I’ve had her for close to 15 years now. “She” was a “he” for a very long time to me until I started trying to learn and get into breeding. She gave me a healthy 7 egg clutch as well. I’ll probably breed her once more just to keep some of her bloodline, as you mentioned. Also forgot I bred her the Second year as well… and she gave me 7 plump nice eggs then too!

8 Likes

That’s too good! My clutch may look similar with the coral glows too! Seems like you, @armiyana and I are on the same wavelength!! :grin:

3 Likes

Awwwww Sweet babies! I love the third picture of momma all coiled around her pile of eggs! I have seen that look before. She looks like she is ready to take anyone’ face off that tries to get to her young’uns! I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! Thank you for sharing! @nswilkerson1!

2 Likes

Update! All 7 eggs have hatched from this girl for me. Unfortunately my male who was a karma, possible super coral glow turned out to be just coral glow, at least I know now! A lot of coral glows and some nice 2-3 gene combos! Too hard to tell in a all white snake(even using the flashlight on top of the head method🤣) Here they are, they just finished hatching on their own today. I always cut but they decided to come out a day early!

10 Likes

Congratulations @banereptiles Nathan! Nathena is getting new a brother or sister! I see the one I want. Now we have to see which one you want to keep! :+1::clap::pray::100::white_check_mark::fire::comet::heart:

4 Likes

Wow, gorgeous pile of babies! Congratulations, @banereptiles

4 Likes

congrats! what a fun clutch regardless!

5 Likes

Good looking bunch of babies @banereptiles :partying_face:

3 Likes

Woohoo! Congratulations on all the nice, healthy babies. They look so cute! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks everybody! Now to see how they look after shedding and what sex they all are! Much appreciated support!:grin:

4 Likes