First Clown Pied Hatched!

Hello all! First post! I have been eyeing this forum for quite some time and it has been a joy! I am a long time breeder and have been viewing and posting on old school forums like bush league breeders club, king snake, and fauna classifieds.

I have been dormant for quite some time and I pretty much keep to myself. I wanted to introduce myself with a project that is true to my heart. Clown Pied! I started my journey in 2018 with a group of 1.3 (Pastel Pied Het Clown and 2 dbl het clown pied 1 super pastel dh clown pied. I purchased the group from Garrick at Royal Constrictors Design everyone knows how great Garrick is!

After many years of feeding and feeding and feeding my girls made it up to size! During that time I was using my male to produce an army of visual clowns, visual pieds and poss dbl hets. I bred him to every het clown I owned patiently waiting for those dbl het girls to make weight.

Crazy thing happen last year when I bred an unrelated pastel female het clown I produced both visual pieds and visual clowns! I was ecstatic! Probably the most exciting egg cutting I have every experience just pure emotion it was insane so I thought! I knew I was closer to hitting my dream snake!

Now come this year I have since replaced my original pastel pied het clown with an enchi clown het pied. He went to all 3 of those girls from Garrick including the pastel I randomly proved double het and a fifth het clown pos het pied I am still waiting on cutting. Out of 4 clutches I hit my dream snake! I thought the randomly proving the pastel dbl het clown pied was the best experience but hitting this clown pied was equally euphoric I instantly got emotional it literally took over me. These last 2 seasons have definitely been the best experience I have had breeding ball pythons and one of the best experiences in my life. Transitioning to double and single recessive breeding projects has re-sparked my love for breeding. The challenge of hitting low odd animal is more rewarding than I ever imagined.

Now I want to share with you all those years of hard work.

And also who sees enchi!

20 Likes

Awesome I am the first one to congratulate you! That’s a dream snake, with nightmare odds of producing sometimes! Double recessive way to go! That head alone, even in the egg! You must post more when they shed out! Also welcome to the community, we all love stories and pics like these! Congrats on a project coming to fruition, that’s really special!!

9 Likes

Hey there @ksoreptiles! I will have to settle for second place to welcome and congratulate you! Those babies are well deserved masterpieces! I don’t breed I just keep but I can still appreciate blood sweat and tears to result in an outcome like that!

So @ksoreptiles as @banereptiles said, please post more pictures later on! And do not be a stranger! You see what kind of family we are! Everyone here works together for the good of the hobby, whether we breed or just keep. I for one love this forum and you will too! :blush::snake:

7 Likes

Welcome to the MM community family.
That is a great payout for the years you’ve invested.
Congratulations :tada:
I can not wait to start breeding this fall for the first time. I have het’s of both Pied and Clown. It’s my goal to join the two in the years to come and hit the odds someday of double recessive visuals.
Awesome work @ksoreptiles !

7 Likes

I am not a ball Python guy, but congratulations on you producing what you love. I know how that feels with boas. I like the looks of the bright yellow striped one in the drawer. If you can, I would like to see a better picture of it?

9 Likes

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I feel all the warm hugs!

8 Likes

He will shed out very soon an update will follow! I can’t wait to see that brand new skin!

7 Likes

I keep boas also! I’m going to be doing my first pairing this fall.

10 Likes

That’s awesome it’s by far my favorite project.

6 Likes

Me to me too! It’s a lot more fun with us right! Lol! :blush:

7 Likes

Absolutely!

7 Likes

Thanks for posting the pics. That second one is gorgeous. All most makes me want a ball. :rofl:

9 Likes

Come on Tom! Join the BP club today! Free membership! :pray:

7 Likes

I used to own them. They are just to small for me. :rofl: i love big snake’s.

7 Likes

Ok I suppose you are off the hook! :+1::blush:

6 Likes

Congratulations on your clutch and your clown/pied/clown-pied babies! Full disclosure, when I first saw clown pied I had no interest in it whatsoever, but it’s actually become one of my favorite double recessives.

8 Likes

Congratulations on hitting them crazy odds!!!

8 Likes

Something special about each species. Vpi is my favorite. These are my Two beauties. I’d have to say that there personalities are the best.

m

10 Likes

10 Likes

I should move these over to the boa forums.

8 Likes