Meet Ralph! The Collared Lizard 😍

Ralph here is a collared lizard, he has some MBD as you can see by his lil kinky tail and occasional hump :sweat_smile: He’s a sweetie and lives in a 4x2x2 viv! He was from the lovely Deb (Who we got Love from) She offered us this boy who she rescued when he was younger from an awful breeder, he let them free roam in a barn and they were lucky if they got food :disappointed: She had 2 of his brother before him that didn’t make it, they were really bad but she tried her best, Ralph was left so she said she’d take him to try save him and I think she did a damn good job!
Emily is in awe too! I’m so greatful she asked us to be his family, never thought I’d own this species but my gosh he’s Amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

He;s colored up beautiful, and I bet he’s having a great time being with you! It does look like he’s still got some range of motion in that spine and tail, and thank goodness he’s found a healthy home now.

7 Likes

He’s been quite active, running about too! And eating crickets which he wouldn’t touch :joy:

7 Likes

Welcome to the family Ralph! You are a stunner!! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

What a cool lizard, so beautiful

6 Likes

This just makes me so sad! :cry: How can people be like this??

Ralph is a lucky boy, and a handsome one as well. He’s fortunate to be with you, @ghoulishcresties .

6 Likes

He thanks you!

It’s a shame their life isn’t long, and I’m not sure if MBD will affect the length but he will be spoilt and loved so much for as long as he is with us here :blush:

Emily has taken it upon herself to be the one who turns his UV on in the morning and makes sure he’s ok, and at night makes sure it’s all off ready for him to sleep! She’s got a proper soft spot for him :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I didn’t realise how bright he was until seeing him in person! Amazing colourations of these guys :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I honestly don’t know…
Some people really don’t care at all :cry:

Thankyou, I’m so lucky Deb chose us to be his family :relaxed:

5 Likes