New Born Argentine Boa Constrictors!

Our 2023 Argentine Boa Constrictors (Boa constrictor occidentalis) have been born! From parents Ladon & Hesperis, who are both pure OS line Argentines. Here’s a few photos I took (litter of 9, not all pictured).

22 Likes

Those guys are totally awesome! I love the pattern and coloring! How big will these guys get? I have a CA boa, 5 years old and he’s only around 5 feet

Congratulations @westridge! :clap::100::tada:

8 Likes

Thanks. Argentines vary in size based on the line they are from. The adults that produced these babies are around 7 feet for the male and 8 feet for the female. However, that is just an estimate, they could be a little bigger. Both parents are are 11 years old, so they shouldn’t get much larger. I have seen other specimens that are significantly larger than that (10ft+). By contrast some lineages, such as Maxx Pink, do not usually exceed 6ft.

10 Likes

Congrats on a beautiful litter.

9 Likes

So gorgeous!

9 Likes

They’re beautiful! Congratulations!

7 Likes

Wow! Those are awesome!

7 Likes

Awww look at those little things! So cute! Argentine boas are criminally underrated, IMO.

8 Likes

Precious babies! :heart_eyes:

I absolutely adore Argentine boas. I think they’re some of the most beautiful boas out there. I love dark boas, and I also love the heads on Argentines. If they weren’t so pricey, I’d be seriously considering getting one. Heck, I’m considering it even with how pricey they are.

I’d love to see updates as they grow!

6 Likes

Yay for argentine babies!! I’m so excited for when Dratini gets bigger and i get a boy for her. Then i’ll have my own babies!!

Definitely! They’re absolutely gorgeous in every way!

7 Likes

Congratulations, they look great. I love the granite look of Argentine Boa.

7 Likes

Looking great @westridge
Congratulations on the healthy babies

7 Likes

Congratulations!! Beautiful little babies!! Always wanted an Argentine!

5 Likes

My goodness! They are beautiful!

5 Likes

Post shed photos:

14 Likes

I love the way they color up after a shed.

6 Likes

They’re lovely. The bottom pic is especially adorable.

4 Likes