How do you ID orange dream in pastels?

The subject line pretty much says it all. What features distinguish a pastel from a pastel OD? I bred a pastel OD to what I was pretty confident is a super OD, but got some pastels with notably variable color intensity in the clutch.

1 Like

OD can leave some nice dark tracks down either side of the lower belly and tail. I’d keep an eye out for that for sure. Or the more banded markings on the side. Even then, lower expression can still cause an issue with IDs though.

If you have photos of the super OD someone can maybe verify that for you. Or photos of the bellies and markings on the hatchlings you have trouble with

1 Like

This is the mother, presumed super OD. Fire and yellowbelly were present in the pair that produced her, but I don’t see any signs of yellowbelly on her venter and was told by others that fire doesn’t seem to be present.

These are the palest and most saturated pastels in the clutch side by side after their first shed as well as a belly shot of the palest one (which looks to have tracks to me). Ignore the wacky patterns in this case. The father has a really weird pattern that proved inheritable-this was a dinker project, but I’m trying to make sure I have the basic orange dream genetics worked out first.

1 Like

To further complicate things, this one has the least tracking on the venter, but is second most saturated in coloration. I’d like to think they’re just varying shades of pastel orange dream and the mother is a super, but wanted to get other opinions.

1 Like