Dragon spines

Just curious to see if anyone else’s crested gecko has extreme raised lateral scales like Solo’s. He is the only one with these in our collection.

Thanks!

13 Likes

So so cute! Adorable little face! :heart::sunglasses::blush:

6 Likes

It looks to be just a random acurance or a result of a pairing who both happened to have large lateral spikes.

@ghoulishcresties @foxreptile have you guys got any thoughts?

5 Likes

Thanks! None of the ones we have are as pronounced as his and I can’t recall seeing any others like him. Was curious if anyone else had experienced it. I’ll see if I can dig up photos of his parents and check or contact his breeder.

5 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

I just looked up his parents photos, neither have any raised scales. Nor did his brother. Looks like it’s just a Solo thing.

5 Likes

It’s to do with the furry trait, some of mine have it too, it’s amazing :black_heart:

7 Likes

Does it pass and increase with pairing? I am just curious.

5 Likes

Do you have photos of yours? I’d love to see! My other furred don’t have it.

4 Likes

I was wondering the same - whether it is random or inheritable and therefore can be worked with for a certain look.

5 Likes

It can pass on yeah,
There’s a few with it and seems to pass on. It’s more extreme furry they get more spikes everywhere x

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Thanks! I’m excited to see if any of his offspring have the extreme ones he has or better!

6 Likes

What a fun look!

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Such an adorable face :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes