Secrets out! Meet Grim! The Black Tree Monitor 😍

So we’ve kept this boy a Secret since October, and it’s been so hard to keep quiet! But only a few knew about him, and no one guessed what we were getting when we were building the viv! So finally I can introduce you all officially to Grim our Black Tree Monitor! (The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy was a fav show of ours and Grim was the only name funny enough we both liked!) so after months we finally had a name after picking him today. Here’s the viv from start to finish (minus some tweaking) and also him! :black_heart::lizard::black_heart:

13 Likes

Oh my God, I cannot wait to see him! I bet he is beautiful!

4 Likes

lol the images of him got added! He looks like a beautiful boy! Is he sweet or are you going to have to work with him?

5 Likes

I got there in the end! :joy:
Thankyou! He really is a stunner :face_holding_back_tears:
Well Reece put him then went to stroke him and got hissed at :joy: But he was in the car and tub for hours so I get it!
But… we found the way to his heart :smirk:
Video below!

He’s surprisingly ok, been nosey when we’ve gone in to check which is great! And staring at us, so I’m hopeful he’ll be easy! With monitors bonding takes time, but all the work is worth it in the end :black_heart:

6 Likes

Yeah, I bet you guys are so excited!. That’s such a big accomplishment.

5 Likes

Bit of a jump up from crested geckos! He’s really cool and the enclosure looks great. Is he adult size?

5 Likes

We have the Ackie monitors and a Pilbara but Black Trees were a dream! Mulgas next :yum:

He’s a Big Boy, and yeah he’s an adult! 2017 :blush:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Thought you’d all enjoy this :smiling_face:

3 Likes

What are you feeding him in the video?

1 Like

That’s a dubia roach :cockroach:

3 Likes

Ok. He certainly seems to like them! I love it!

3 Likes

He’s amazing, I love him!! :heart_eyes:

And that enclosure looks amazing! I definitely wish I had the skills to do builds like that. Awesome job.

Congrats on the awesome new addition!

3 Likes

Thankyou!
Honestly in awe still, he’s so curious, always coming to the front to say hello! Such an Amazing Boy.
Cannot wait to find him a lady :face_holding_back_tears::black_heart:

2 Likes

4 Likes