+50% More Categories!

We just added not 1, not 3, not 5, but TWELVE NEW top-level categories! All of these were subcategories that we promoted to full category status. For these herps you can now enjoy all the functionality that makes finding amazing animals so easy on MorphMarket , including ads indexed by trait tags, subcategories, store directories, and calculators.

The newly minted categories are:

• Snakes: Sand Boas, Rat Snakes
  • Geckos: Gargoyle, Leachianus, Fat-Tailed, Chahoua
  • Lizards: Skinks, Monitors, Iguanas
  • Amphibians: Axolotls, Tree Frogs, Dart Frogs

Fun facts about the increases:

• New top-level categories: 12, which is +50% (from 25 to 37)
  • New subcategories added: 67
  • New genes/traits: 370
  • New calculators: 12, which is +133% (including 5 calculators for existing categories)

You might wonder, how did we choose these categories? It was data-driven, based on quantity of ads listed. Occasionally, we add new subcategories to group ads which are in the “other” buckets. For instance, during this upgrade we also added several new Other Python subcategories for Pygmy, Scrub, Spotted and Water Pythons. And then, larger subcategories become candidates for promotion to top-level categories as we have done today.

We do not claim that our data is perfect, but we are always updating and improving our data --and we welcome your feedback. The best place for input is in our community subforum which has a form that you can fill out.

Special thanks to so many who provided input including Kylie Koskan, Doug Kulie, Anthony Vasquez, Macie Lewis, Sharon Kay Strohl, Matt Horton, and many others.

We hope you enjoy these changes. We are all about improving our data, design and functionality. Let us know what you think in the comments below.

18 Likes

This is great! I love being able to sort these species by morph and species. Especially since some of these I’ve been looking into getting and this makes it easier to visualize and identify morphs and species.

5 Likes

Off I go to explore! :wink:

5 Likes

Appreciating the updates to Sand Boas!

3 Likes