Crested gecko morph ID

Need help identifying what morph banana man is. I know he has a furry trait. Best pic so far he is still very skittish. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Crested gecko designations are the fired up color first, I’m guessing yellow in this case? And possibly the secondary color, likely cream? And then the pattern, which is Flame on this one. So he’d be called a yellow Flame or yellow cream Flame.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. :grin:

Hi! I also am looking for help on identifying my two females. I got this one (Edith) when she was around 4-5 months. She was sold to me as a harlequin Pos flame. But I’m not sure anymore because she’s 100% a Dalmatian. Any ideas?

1 Like

She is a Harlequin. That refers to the pattern on the dorsal, legs and laterals. Flame is the lesser marked version of a Harlequin, it would be a Flame if the pattern didn’t reach up in the mid range zones between the low/belly side lateral and the dorsal. It does reach into that zone though, so Harlequin. That is the base pattern description. Before that, you’d add the color, which is the fired up color, not the fired down color. And dalmatian would be added on to the end of the description, if it is just a few spots, it is often left off. Dalmatian spotting is pretty dominant though, so if you are breeding for spotless Cresteds, you don’t want even one on your breeders. Anyway, she’d probably be described as a chocolate tan Harlequin Dalmatian.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @elementalexotics my second female I need help with as well. I will add her picture here. I’m not breeding cresteds yet, mainly sticking with leopard geckos, but I hope to get into it when they both reach the proper age and weight. Salem was sold to me as a Brindle Partial pinstripe kneecaps. As far as I can tell that’s what she is, but I’m obviously bad at this heh.

2 Likes

Pretty gecko! I’d agree with most of that description except for the Brindle. Perhaps she has some Brindling when fired down but from this picture looks like a standard Harlequin.

2 Likes

Need help identifying this guy? Can y’all help me out

1 Like

Here is another picture of him

1 Like

1 Like

Technically a very minimally marked Harlequin. It’s closer to a Flame but there is just enough pattern in the mid zones to nudge it over the line to Harlequin.

1 Like

I would call this a solid or bicolor Dalmatian, depending on how picky you wanted to get differentiating the dorsal and lateral colors.

**not sure if it’s showing the exact pic I replied to, I’m referring to the brown with tiny black spots