What reptile frightens you the most?

Of all the slivering, crawling and climbing critters in the world, which would you least like to find in your back garden?

What is it that scares you about them?

Why does that scare you?

Is there anything at all you find fascinating about them?

This guy. Due to the venom and reputation for bad disposition. Beautiful, though.

5 Likes

What is this fearsome monster?

I wouldn’t say I’m scared of most of or any reptiles but I’m definitely intimidated by some for sure. My mom kept a Burmese python for some time while I was a kid and at the time it scared me but now I’m just intimidated more than anything. They are just so strong and girthy that I wouldn’t wanna handle a adult alone but other than that I like all reptiles but arachnids on the other hand…hell no

4 Likes

Think that’s a black mamba.

Don’t really have a reptile I’m afraid of but wary of… Maybe snakes with head shapes like green trees. Only because it was a python that managed to snag me on the bridge of the nose when I was a lot younger.

1 Like

Yes, Black Mamba.

2 Likes

@meerkatlyndz OUCH!

@masterofpythons what is it like owning one? What things do you do differently?

How did you manage to purchase one? Did you have to go through a process to acquire it? Badass snake for sure though

@masterofpythons Ah Dendroaspis polylepis a member of Elapidae with nasty neurotoxic venom. Nice Black Mamba! How did you get it and whats it like owning the 2nd longest venomous snake in the world. What did you name this deadly lil fellow and is it a male or female specimen?

I do not own this one. St. Louis Zoo specimen.

3 Likes

Here is another one from our zoo.

4 Likes

I love how everyone just assumed you owned a black mamba :joy:. I don’t know of anyone that owns one in a private collection so I kinda thought they were just pictures from the Internet. The fact that the zoo owns one is slightly concerning though, let’s hope it never escapes lol.

3 Likes

Gotta admit that It would be pretty badass to say “I own a black mamba.” Casually on a forum though where most of us just keep ball pythons and various other normal types of reptiles

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want to bump a komodo dragon pack

5 Likes

King Cobra or Eastern brown snake (Pseudonaja textilis). King Cobra is a whole lot of venomous snake to deal with and Eastern brown snake because they look so innocuous.

1 Like

All venomous snakes with serious venom. I’m not talking about types like hognose snakes or false water cobra’s but the ones who can kill me or lose a body part. In Holland we in nature only have one type of viper and you hardly ever see them ( I at least never saw one) and if they bite you it will still not be to bad. So I’m really not used to venomous snakes in my back garden or how they react when they see me. My garden is really small so If I see one I really think I poop in my pants , run for my life and call animal services.

The person I bought three weeks ago my last ball python from was selling all her ball pythons because she only wants to keep really large and venomous snakes . She had a hudge birmese python, three adult retics. On the right a spitting cobra was showing of his hood and on the left a rattlesnake was rattling his tail. She also had an eyelash viper, two brown venomous snakes and some venomous green snakes I forgot the name of climbing some branches and that all in a tiny room ( or at least it looked and felt very tiny) And in between a small terrarium with our little ball python Penny in it. It was impressive to see but I was really happy with the glass between them and me and the locks on the doors and really I have no desire at all to ever own one myself, or see them in my own back garden, unless I can really keep enough distance, which in not possible in my own garden. I love my life and body parts to much for that.

5 Likes

There is something about the Komodo Dragon. The size. The speed. That vile saliva. A tiny knick. The fast sepsis. The slow hunt.

7 Likes

They’re mouth is so full of bacteria that when they bite their prey they just wait for the prey to die by trailing behind them. Nature is brutal but awesome

5 Likes

Viperkeeper on YouTube has some crazy stuff. Check it out lol

2 Likes

My mussurana. Everyone treats them like some harmless rear fang but in reality, a good bite looks like this…

inbound918630092984263721|500x500

1 Like