Kick off of the season with the first pip of the year

Someone does not look too happy :roll_eyes: (I have that effect apparently :rofl:)

19 Likes

:heart_eyes: so jelly, i can’t wait until we start to make baby hogs. such little cuties!!! :joy: But yep looks like you are getting the side eye.

5 Likes

You will get that look too or they will play dead right out the egg, so much personality even as they first hatch. :grin:

3 Likes

I am still over here trying to get eggs and lock ups… :cry: :cry: Hopefully one day i will get the baby side eye. until then i will enjoy your baby side eye pics.

2 Likes

The 6 babies I hatched out all mostly just flattened, hissed and bluff struck at me, and peed on me… I haven’t had any play dead :joy:
I’ve finally gotten all of them eating too, most are on f/t pinky mice but a couple eat live ones instead. All unscented too!

Hoping next year I’ll produce better clutches, my girl didn’t lay many good ones the first clutch (7 good though one went bad during incubation) and then completely slugged the second clutch.

I love Hognose snakes, they are so cute. Do notice that they have anger issues?

1 Like

I would not call that anger issue more of stong attitude but they are all bark and no bite.

1 Like

that makes they so much more cute

1 Like

I wouldn’t classify it as anger issues more over dramatic drama queen type deal. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I love that

2 Likes

Just because egg pics are the cutest :grin:

12 Likes

Anyone wants a bowl of noodles? :joy:

11 Likes

uber cute bowl of noodles. i wanna boop the snoots
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

My friend who lives in Oklahoma right now told me recently that she kinda wants a hoggie. Cute lil noodles​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:!! I think most of if not all my favorite non viper/elapid snakes are def colubrids. Too bad Im prob forbidden to have one as even non threatening mildly venomous species are pretty much not allowed (stupid animal bylaw).

1 Like

Great Photos!!

2 Likes

Sooooo cute!!

2 Likes