Totally new here and I have questions!

Hello, I am interested in getting into snakes and kind of have a unique situation. I am American but I live in South Korea. I have my degree in Biology education and intend to work at an international school. I have always thought snakes were fascinating and I would love to get a hardy snake as a class pet. I have basically settled on corn snakes because what I have read about size, temperament, reliable eating, etc. And I know I still have a lot of learning and research to go before I am ready to actually get one BUT . . .

I thought a decent place to start would be to ask if anyone is aware of any resources related to snakes in Korea? Can I ship one all the way here or would that be too dangerous for the snake? I think I have found one mouse supplier but it would make me more comfortable if I had more information and options so I know that I will for sure have a way to provide the best care for my snek :smile:
Any resources or information is welcome!!

International shipping is done all the time however breeders usually have a minimum order of $2500 to $5000 to that you need to had shipping and paperwork which will add about $1000

So yes it is doable but it’s not gonna be cheap and not worth it unless you import some high price cornsnakes.

1 Like

im pretty sure there are reptile expos in south Korea maybe you could get one there.

2 Likes

I have seen some videos on YouTube of asian pet and reptile expos including shows in South Korea so I’m sure there would be cornsnakes there.

2 Likes

I know that shipping from US to EU expos is at least 5000$-6000$ but they do that if you buy like at least 10 good genetic (very expensive) snakes

1 Like