A big thanks to Deb and Mary

As many of you know by now @stewart_reptiles and @wreckroomsnakes have both voluntarily stepped down from their duties as moderators of these forums. We’ve already addressed how we feel about the surrounding events so I don’t need to go there.

Deb and Mary have both invested an incredible amount of their personal time into these forums over the past year and a half. I believe that most of you feel like I do that they made a big positive impact.

If you appreciate them like I do then please drop a post or a DM to let them know.

If we are fortunate, maybe after a break, they’ll be around as users to contribute here albeit with less responsibility. In any case I wish for them nothing but the best IRL.

:slightly_smiling_face: :heart: :muscle:

15 Likes

@stewart_reptiles @wreckroomsnakes

Both of you know that you have my utmost respect but I just want to thank the two of you again not only for the things you have done for the forum as a whole but also how the both of you supported me during a hard time earlier this year and I will always be grateful for that. Wishing nothing but the best for you guys and if you ever get the chance come swing by on here because I always loved reading your informative post and interacting with you guys :slight_smile: much love from here in Cali!

7 Likes

I’m a bit saddened to see that they both stepped down, but if it was what they felt was best then so be it.
I know I had replied to the thread that was posted on the supposed issues in the community, but I feel like I was misguided because I honestly didn’t really know what was going on from both sides. And I apologize for that. I should have waited to hear from the mods’ side of things.
I do hope they can return soon, as they both were great contributors to this community.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20201002-205620_Chrome

This is my own profile, 23 deleted posts :flushed: @stewart_reptiles had to deal with all of them just from me alone. And that’s only the ones DELETED.
Deb had to deal with quite a lot of flags because of me on quite a regular basis… I’m sure she still loves me though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

My point being, even while deleting my threads/comments/pictures, she would still be happy to answer any and every question I messaged her.

Damn, one day she spent the night taking pictures of all her ball pythons from every angle imaginable just to help and encourage me with the encyclopedia.
Do you how long that would have taken her… just to help a random guy online, that quite frankly caused her more flags than was worth?

@wreckroomsnakes I can’t even count how many times you have helped every single user on here. I know I’m not the only one that got a bit of joy from seeing a updated topic with your logo next to it.
From the way you conduct yourself to the animals you produce, you are a inspiration to anybody wanting to grow a name in this hobby.

To say you guys have been a important part of this forum would be a giant understatement. You have been the driving forces keeping it running and sharing your experience over and over again with anybody willing to listen.

I seriously applaud you for the work you have put into this place and hope you return to enjoy it again one day soon. You both know this already, my messages on any platform are always open. I’ll probably message yous first though.

I’m hoping to see your profile pictures change to this soon :wink:

:heart::green_heart::heart:

8 Likes

I hope that they will after a break return to their positions as mods…they both were so good at it.

3 Likes

Travis’s intelligent and level headed response to this is outstanding. Thanks for that.

Deb and Mary’s contributions to this forum have been substantial to say the least. I’ve been active in the online reptile community heavily since 2003 and, despite the industry’s amazing growth, the shift from well managed forum communities to toxic drama-filled facebook groups is depressing. Having a place like this with balanced and well informed moderators like Deb and Mary has been a breath of fresh air to say the least. Thanks to you both for your contributions. Without you it wouldn’t be the same.

9 Likes

Thank you’all for keeping the forum nice for all of us. I hope a you both consider coming back sometime after a nice rest.

Respectfully Betty Morgan

3 Likes

I have no clue what happened, but this saddens me to see this step down and away (even if its just a while). I have learned a great deal from both of these women, and always looked forward to their responses in discussions I was apart of.

Heck, I’m pretty sure Deb has set me up for success as a breeder thanks to her breakdown on a full proof egg box that I look forward to hopefully trying soon!

Thank you Deb and Mary for always be actively encouraging and being a resource of knowledge for me! :heart:

6 Likes