MRC Changelog

A little bug fix.

The header bar should now take desktop users to desktop versions (www.) of the Facebook and Instagram pages rather than the mobile page (m.).

Also added a shopping basket that will take you directly to the MorphMarket Marketplace.
(The icon for this will likely change)

SmartSelect_20201231-123310_Chrome

5 Likes

Way to go Thomas, we have wanted to do this for a good while!

3 Likes

Now you will also see a t-shirt on the header that leads to the MorphMarket merchandise store.

Also I would like to know what everyone prefers as a icon for the marketplace?

Shopping cart
SmartSelect_20201231-155115_Chrome

Or

Store front
SmartSelect_20201231-154707_Chrome

• Shopping cart
  • Store front

0 voters

2 Likes

At the rate he is rising, you might have to worry about him taking your job away from you @john LOL

5 Likes

Last update for today, I swear.

SmartSelect_20201231-205307_Chrome
Social media links have been moved to the footer to stop the header becoming overcrowded on mobile.

This also allows us to add Twitter and YouTube links.

3 Likes

A few more upgrades.

1. user card directory.

The User list has upgraded from the simple list to a detailed “user card style” layout.
This includes social links on each card… See 3) on how to add them.

1. The “website” field on user profiles has now been changed to “MorphMarket Store”.
    This is to keep your store easily findable.
    Any current non MorphMarket Store URL you have there should be moved to the correct field… (See 3))

2. Social Fields added.
    You can now add social links to your profile to make it easier for other users to find.
    To do so, head to your “profile preferences” page in your settings…

These will then show up on your user card …

If you have any issues or questions please let me know.

3 Likes

New updates!

BIG ONES!!!

Firstly, there is a new optional theme that you can choose named “Morph”.
This isn’t really a big change for users that use the “dark” theme already.
The most noticeable differences being:
Rounded buttons SmartSelect_20210125-203132_ChromeSmartSelect_20210125-194343_Chrome
Darker tones. White, grey and black used throughout to match MorphMarkets scheme.

To apply this theme, head over to your profile by clicking your profile picture in the top right.
Click the little user icon (SmartSelect_20210125-194917_Chrome ) and select “preferences” → “interface” →"theme".

Secondly, hovering videos.

Now when someone posts a video in a thread, you can click this little icon in the top right corner of the video player…

And it will pop up as this little box in the corner of your screen… SmartSelect_20210125-195348_Chrome

This allows you to continue browsing any part of the forum you wish while still watching the video. This is a perfect way to spend your date with Dr Travis Wyman.

There is known issues beyond my powers to address with this.

• If you switch the side of the screen that the pop-up player sits while watching a video, it will restart the video.

• You must press play before leaving the source topic

The third and biggest change is the new “featured tiles” across the top of the latest page.

Desktop:

Mobile:

I have gone back and added around 100 past posts that fit this criteria so that we have something to look at.

If you don’t see any of these changes (remember, you need to manually opt-in to the “Morph” theme), please completely close the site and reopen it.

If you have any issues, questions or feedback please feel free to drop them below.

6 Likes

Thomas, in particular, I love the featured tiles, as well as the Carousel images update you made not long ago. :ok_hand: :heart: :muscle:

5 Likes

SmartSelect_20210216-004813_Chrome

Badges now show up next to a users name on posts!

The hamburger menu ( SmartSelect_20210216-005023_Chrome ) now has a few extra links.

4 Likes

I love seeing these little updates because it allows me to know what’s new and work with myself!! :heart:

2 Likes

The badges next to the name don’t show up for me for some reason. It’s just like it was before without the badges.
Google Chrome version: 85.0.4183.133 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2 Likes

I have disabled the badge component until I can stop the flickering… Or find a better version all together.

2 Likes

UPDATES:

GIFs can now be found using the button in the composer…

The Reptile Relief Fund Auctions can be found quickly on the hamburger menu.
Screenshot_20210224-221749_Chrome

2 Likes

Update:

This is mainly for users that are also Sellers on MorphMarket, though it can be used by anyone.
There is now a new tab in your user menu that has several useful links to your store

SmartSelect_20210327-200148_Chrome

@staff Members will also find extra buttons here to make navigation easier.

That is all, enjoy!

1 Like

Minor update.

Private messages now have “bubbles”, to make it easier to see if you are replying to a private or public conversation.

:blush:

1 Like

A small but extremely nice update!

MMC_5x2_logo-W
We have our own logo!

Thank you @john

6 Likes

It is so slick

1 Like

New loading spinner!
SmartSelect_20210324-215318_Photos

6 Likes

I love the new spinner @eaglereptiles

1 Like

I love the new loading logo! Looks great!

1 Like