A Hello, and a Question

Hi y’all! I’m a simple hobbyist keeping a few animals who joined this forum because I enjoy listening to people who know a lot more than I do about the things I love, and to ask questions when needed. I’ll probably be pretty quiet, but I still wanted to say hi!

I’ve owned reptiles on and off since I was a kid, and recently got into them seriously again. I currently have an adult female crested gecko (Icarus), a juvenile male firefly ball python (Hotaru), a young male Pueblan milk snake (Jack Scaleington) and a 17 year old Blizzard leopard gecko (Guinevere). Gwenny is technically a male, but I got her as a juvenile when I was a kid and gave her a female name and referred to her as a female for years… it’s stuck by now. I’d love to own some garter snakes sometime in the future, they seem like a really fun active species. I also recently hatched an accidental clutch of corn snakes; two snakes were donated to my work, we were told they were both female and had been cohabitating together. While we were getting enclosures together to separate them, I walked in on them locked together… one of them was DEFINITELY not a female lol. The lady laid her eggs during quarantine and I incubated them out of curiosity- out of 25 eggs laid, got 22 beautiful little normal babies. :slight_smile: Almost all of them have gone to their new homes, just waiting on the last few to start eating regularly.

I do have a question regarding the rules about discussing vendors; I get that you definitely can’t discuss animal vendors, but can you discuss brands of products related to reptiles? For example, would a post like “I’m in the market for a new water bowl, what brands do you use and like?” be allowed? (Obviously not what I’m looking for, but you get the point!) If not here, does anyone know where a post like that might be encouraged?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer my questions, I appreciate it!

Have a picture of lil Hotaru as thanks. :slight_smile: This is from a couple months ago but I love the way some of his spots make an :smiley: face!

3 Likes

I love that you named your Firefly, Firefly, that’s amazing. As far as brands go, I can’t give you a definite answer, but I know people openly discuss Rack makers and I feel that is along the same conditions as a “brand”.

1 Like

can you discuss brands of products related to reptiles? For example, would a post like “I’m in the market for a new water bowl, what brands do you use and like?” be allowed

Hi and welcome, so long you are not posting a wanted or ISO but are looking for a product recommendation, yes you may ask.

4 Likes

Haha, thank you! Gotta put those little bits of other languages you know to good use, right?

1 Like

I feel you, I have a Super Jolliff Tiger Albino named Minato.

Welcome to the community! :grin:

1 Like