A Tennessee Giant Keeper

Hello there. I wasn’t aware of a forum until tonight and figured I’d linger about to see if there were interesting topics I could learn from. I’m not a breeder, nor do I ever want to really be one, however, I do have maybe 1-2 pairings I’d like to try in order to help fund a walk-in exhibit I want to build for my pet snakes to roam around and exercise in since I finally bought my first house at the very end of 2020 with them heavily in mind while looking.

I’m mostly a keeper of true giants. I have 5 Retics, 1 Green Anaconda, and 1 Hypo IMG boa that I’ve gotten to stop my addiction to the giants lol! Which, honestly, hasn’t stopped much since I do plan on having 3 more giants. I’m not new to keeping giants. As a matter of fact, my very first snake was a wild type Burm! I was always fascinated by the giants and honestly thought they were Wyrms (legless dragons). Move ahead 10+ years and here I am still very passionate about them and making sure I can give them an excellent and adventure-filled life!

I do post my babies on FB a lot if you guys have one and would like to see how much fun I have with them! Past that, stay safe out there and keep the passion for positivity of these animals strong! https://www.facebook.com/Serpent.of.Domination/

21 Likes

Welcome to the community. You’ll find a few giant snake owners on here including myself.
Retics are my passion in the hobby, and I seriously couldn’t imagine not ever owning one.
Good to see another person share the passion I have for these giants.
Yours are gorgeous! Very nice Cow and I believe a Motley Goldenchild? Amazing snakes.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community!!! Golden child my favorite gene in retics!! Yours is super dark!!! Love it amazing snake!!

3 Likes

Girl you and the snakes are gorgeous!!! Wish i had room for giants :sob:

4 Likes

Thank you! She’s a Super GC. Identical to a Motley, but they, unfortunately, have neurological issues, a high mortality rate, and differently shaped heads. People have tried keeping their issues under wraps and attempting to breed their genes into different morphs, but they still end up with a wobble and die off early. Usually within their first 3 years. I’m lucky she’s still living and I want her to thrive by my side for a long while if possible <3

3 Likes

Oh wow, that’s awesome. Like you mentioned with the health issues, I wasn’t sure she was a Super. And I’m happy you know about that, not enough people share that type of information on Retic genetics.

3 Likes

Such cool pics! Thanks for sharing. :heart:

1 Like

Hello and welcome! We are in an Facebook group together and I always love your pictures. Glad to see you here too!

2 Likes

:open_mouth: Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like