Ability to Favorite/Follow Sellers [DONE] [#1150]

Not sure if this has been suggested already?
I thought it would be nice to be able to “Follow” different sellers you support, and then have a page featuring the Newest Posted animals from everyone you’re following. Kind of like a subscriptions feed. From there you could use the existing filter capabilities to sort your own list. Just a thought! Love the overall site functionality-

Joe

16 Likes

I’d also be interested in this feature! Good idea!

6 Likes

I actually like this as well.

5 Likes

I really really like this idea.

I was having a think about something along these lines last night.

@john how possible would it be to have a some form of social media live feed on a seller’s page.

Basically scroll down past their animals and there is the sellers latest Instagram/facebook posts, sort of the way the “trending community posts” appears on the marketplace home page.

Paired with the suggestion above of being able to follow certain breeders, this could be used to create a separate live feed of people you are interested in. Showing their animals for sale, instagram and Facebook posts, YouTube videos and community posts all in one place.

I’ll throw a image together as a example…

I hope you don’t mind me using you as a example @stewart_reptiles

You may need to click the image to see the full thing, depending on the device you are using.

4 Likes

While the suggestion is interesting I can see where there would be an issue, people could use their live feed to sell animals on MM and at the same time bypass the ad limit based on membership.

7 Likes

Live feed?

I would think you would just get a notification whenever someone posted a new MM listing.

1 Like

I was adressing this

how possible would it be to have a some form of social media live feed on a seller’s page.

Basically scroll down past their animals and there is the sellers latest Instagram/facebook posts, sort of the way the “trending community posts” appears on the marketplace home page.

1 Like

@stewart_reptiles oh, yeah I totally see what you mean that would be problematic. I don’t think that could be included.

I do remember using some sort of app that allowed me to connect my Instagram but it didn’t show my username or the contents of my posts, just the images themselves. Would something similar to that work better?

I think “following” is a cool idea, and a “feed” based on their postings. This is one set of features.

Pulling in social media-related content to market, and possibly incorporating that into a feed is a related but different set of features. Deb also points out a good concern, although perhaps this would be on premium plans only anyway.

9 Likes

Thanks for your consideration John!

A favorite store tab,. Let me favorite some stores I like to frequent. I’m constantly back and forth on the map or in the search bar going to stores I’m familiar with. *Destroy if already suggested,. I didn’t read all these awesome ideas :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d love a “follow” feature so I can follow my favorite breeders and have a feed that’s strictly listings of the breeders I’m following. You could probably just make a separate container and use it to host results from your preset list of breeders on the main search filter under a “following tab”

That would be super cool. We need to get away from fb anyways since they’re shutting down groups & pages, and this would be a great way for breeders to connect with customers interested in their projects. especially since we can’t count on IG or fb to even show us the breeders we follow thanks to an algorithm that rewards frequent posting and engagement. I come across so many breeders that I want to know about, but some don’t have social media and even if they do, I still miss out on more than I’d like.

7 Likes

I would like one of these as well. Would be a great addition.

2 Likes

This is a duplicate request of:

But good news is we are working on it right now.

5 Likes

I believe this is about following sellers on the market side, but this is also doable on the forum.

With this plugin it allows users to follow other users. For example, say you didn’t want to miss something educational by Dr Wyman, then you could use it to keep up to date on his posts/comments.

2 Likes

oh no, my bad! I’m very glad to hear this :slight_smile: thank you for making such a great platform :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Appreciate you always John :pray:

1 Like

Question about this - Will a seller be able to see who follows them? Or will it just be a number on your Seller Profile, like “you have X followers” ?

1 Like

Initial version isn’t planned to show this, however it could be added in the future. We are testing/finalizing that version right now – should come out next week.

4 Likes