Advice on First Clutch: help!

i saw the pic of the eggs and saw that the eggs were not on the substrate maybe try to put the eggs on the substrate not the white thing

Actually putting them on the substrate can cause the shells to mold and rot. Keeping them off the substrate is safer given how moist it has to be. I mean they are already to term, so it clearly worked well.

4 Likes

The white thing is called Egg crate. Many breeders use this method to keep the moisture in the substrate separated from the eggs to decrease the chance of molding as @ashleyraeanne stated. I know of some breeders that put them directly in the Substrate, but usually in that case, they have an entire room dedicated to incubation that regulates humidity and temperature. The humidity was low in my tub because it was escaping, once the press N seal was placed over top of it, the humidity the substrate put off was contained without soaking and potentially molding/suffocating my eggs.

3 Likes

Right on, this is the second Jolliff Tiger clutch Iā€™ve seen posted recently. Thatā€™s awesome and very nice odds you hit. Canā€™t wait to see the hatchlings once they are out. And Iā€™m very happy to see more people working with this morph, very cool. Congratulations!

3 Likes

Thank you! Jolliff Tiger is a big thing Iā€™m working with this year. Hopefully Im another month Iā€™ll have 2 more clutches on the ground!

1 Like

It should be used more in projects Iā€™ve always thought.
Thatā€™s awesome, definitely keep us posted on then other clutches.
May I ask the pairings of those other clutches?

1 Like

The one clutch isnā€™t Jolliff Tiger but itā€™s Leopard x Blackhead which will eventually be integrated into Jolliff Tiger.
The other is Jolliff Tiger Pied X Secret ingredient. :blush:

Oh yeah, those are beauties in the making. Especially with pied( best morph on the the planet!) what a clutch.
Good luck on the odds, blackhead clutches are always fun to see what comes out.

1 Like

ok Iā€™ve just never seen that before

Yeah I canā€™t wait until she lays. Sheā€™s given me the run around twice but this time I think sheā€™s got it. Stopped locking with my pied and hanging out around her water bowl.

1 Like

Thatā€™s ok. We are all on this site to share and learn from each other. Youā€™re doing good, Kid. :blush:

3 Likes

We all have things to learn bud, even myself. No one is perfect in this hobby, what matters is passion which I believe you have :+1:

3 Likes

I hope she gives you a big healthy clutch, I wish you luck :grin:

3 Likes

Update, everyone is finally out of their egg and cleaned up.
So my guess is

1. Super Jolliff Tiger Het Albino
  2. Jolliff Tiger Het Albino
  3. Jolliff Tiger Albino
  4. Super Jolliff Tiger Albino
  5. Possible Super Joliff Tiger Albino, still kinds confused on this one.
3 Likes

Those look great! I think your guesses on their genes are correct too. Iā€™d need a better body and dorsal picture to see if the last is a super tiger but it looks to be. Congratulations awesome clutch.

3 Likes

Thank you!

This is Number 5! Had to struggle to get it. They want to explore this brand new world! Lol

1 Like

That is hard. Thatā€™s close to call for sure, I think thatā€™s an albino super tiger. But the lower end of the dorsal is telling me albino tiger. But overall from my experience with tiger that looks to be a super.

Lol, yeah they are little squirmy worms when they are fresh hatched. Thatā€™s just a cool clutch. I love Jolliff tiger.

2 Likes

Iā€™m seeing the same thing you are, when it first came out I was thinking it was just a Tiger. But as I washed it off and got to looking at it, Iā€™m like ā€œis that a super?ā€ Lol

2 Likes

Itā€™s crazy how they can look different in the egg compared to when they come out.
The little buggers just make it difficult to label sometimes.

1 Like

After deliberation, I believe this is a Super. 3 supers!

1 Like